1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. PeppermintCandy

That list of players behind H&H does not give me a whole lot of confidence for this season. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

TD gives me a lot of hope, same with T-Jones and Ariza due to all the attention H&H gets. I really like TD because he is such a pure confident shooter. He doesn't seem to need to build up confidence and can come out guns blazing. Hopefully we can channel this into the role that we tried to give Lin; spark plug off the bench.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Did last's bench made you feel better? Hope not because it gave us almost nothing. An inconsistent pg in Lin, an unhappy backup center who quit on the team for a good part of the season and the dead corpses of Garcia and Casspi. There is absolutely nothing to be nostalgic about that team. While it remains to be seen, this team might be much better overall. Also, I suspect we will still see a big trade from Morey before too long.

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Exactly, bench was atrocious last year. Lot of time to solidify, and improve, the bench.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

One must accept responsibility for their actions. What move are you pointing to when referring to Morey "messing up"? The one thing I can not make sense of is why he let Chandler out of the value contract. It is not Morey's MO to take that route. I think Cuban really put a dent in his plans.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

FOr all this ado about losing Asik and Lin, our bench was pretty pathetic last season despite having them two. That just says that their impact is kind of over-rated.

Asik playing 12-14 mins as back up just doesn't make sense. Not to forget he missed a large chunk of the season.

Lin's production will not be hard to replicate in all honesty. Rather have a consistent back up then someone who puts 30+ points in a loss against Philly for example and then lays some eggs.

Garcia and Cassipi were straight up trash.

Our bench this year is no worse than last year IMO. Adrien is an underrated pick up. The guy plays hard and DMo should continue to get good minutes off the bench with Asik gone. Canaan can play, Daniels is a gunner and NJ should gel well.

Perhaps the only thing lacking amongst the bench brigade is experience. We still have enough assets to go get that (NOP pick, Lin TPE etc) and I am sure there will be an upgrade to the team as it stands by the start of the season.

This whole issue of our team being weaker is vastly overblown.

7. zyt

zyt Member

of course you want to believe that, but the new role players might fall off from the map too, who knows if they r nba ready, i for 1 believe the bench is much weaker, also gl guarding lma with dmo or tjones

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Oh, good Lord. :rolleyes:

9. dianelo

dianelo Member

Who's gonna be the backup 4? If Rockets are meeting the Blazers in the playoff again next year with T. Jones guarding Aldridge, I'll say good luck to the Rockets.

10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

There are other options. Maybe double and make someone else beat you? You won't have the advantage at every position.

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

What blows me away is Lin was so poorly regarded by other teams in the league that we ended up having to pay dearly to get someone to take him. 1st+2nd+$8m really is a lot when your return is 'flexibility'. I wonder if those posting here genuinely believe our bench is equal to last years... DM probably has some more moves up his sleeve to make it better.

The BUCKS bench last year(worst team in the NBA last year) is better than ours.
    Here is their bench: C-Pacula, PF-Ilyasofa, SF/SG-Antetokounmpo, SG-Gary Neal, PG-Ridnour versus our bench C-Dorsey, PF-DMo, SF-Adrien, SG-Who Knows, PG-Cannan or Ish. As currently constructed we have the worst bench in the nba. Heck Ilyasofa and Ridnour would probably be starters on our team.

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

First of all, I find this thread irrelevant.

What is done is done?!

Why talk about it for 27 pages?

Now, if you think losing Lin and Asik is fine --- then you might wanna get your brain check up.

You are under rating the players that got traded and overrating the players we have right now.

I love the Rockets, they're the only NBA team I support.

But, there's a time to be bias and a moment to actually think about what you're posting.

Our bench right now is worse than last year.

That is saying a lot since we had a bad bench last year.

With all that said, I still believe in the organization and it's key people.

I bleed Rockets red!

13. i3artow i3aller

Whenever JLin was seen w/ a smoke he'd have a great game.
    I have a gut feeling poor Jeremy is in for a rude awakening given his latest admirers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

:confused:

15. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

The plot thickens.

16. Razsan

Razsan Member

The rest of the NBA had Morey over a barrel since he grossly overpaid for Lin in the 3rd year. That and making it known you're trying to get cap relief made it impossible for Lin to be traded for fair value. It had nothing to do with how "poorly" he was regarded

17. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Lin was not poorly regarded. If Houston had included $7m with Lin, I'm sure he would have been traded easily. Basically Houston got a cheap PG for 2 years so had to pay in the third. If Houston wanted to keep Lin and Asik for three years they would have been fine. Just that they got Howard and Harden which made the other two expendable.

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Whatever keeps the dream alive, I guess.

[​IMG]

19. i3artow i3aller

20. sutton

sutton Member

2015 2nd round ONLY if Clipers rank 6-10 next season(otherwise the pick go to other team), which is unlikely, so the 2nd round is worth very little.

2015 Rockets 1st round, at time when Rockets project to sign Bosh and retain Parson. So it is estimated to be a bottom 1st round when the trade happens.

So, baisclly Lakers pay 15 million plus cash (to Rockets, don't know how many) for one year rental of Lin and one bottom 1st round, plus small chance of late 2nd round at time of trade.