1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets after Greg Monroe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 14, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Monroe for Bledsoe isn't an ideal trade for either the Suns or the Pistons, but that might be the end result.
    If that happens, our chances of acquiring Goran will become even more remote.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man, if we could get our hands on Millsap I would put money on us winning it all.

3. Jt29

Jt29 Member

To be a legit backup for davis n asik so they don't lose out lots of quality bcos of the substitution? Monroe offence is way better than asik. Insurance if one of them get injured? Protection of the 1st RD pick the pelicans sent to rockets?

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

max contract for a back up? article says he seeking a max deal, he might not get it but i'm sure he'll get around 12ml easily.

5. rocketseagles07

Exactly. You don't pay that much for a backup

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

We need a PG

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I don't get caught up in the "he isn't a good fit because he doesn't space the floor" nonsense. If he can operate in the paint get him. That used to be the job of a traditional PF and I like it. We need more half-court efficiency, rebounding and overall frontcourt toughness and physicality to help Dwight.

8. saleem

Not as much as our need for a starting PF.

9. baubo

baubo Member

I don't see it. On the surface it looks acceptable to both teams. But that requires a lot of moving parts. Monroe will have to like the Suns, Suns will have to like Monroe enough to give him max and make him a cornerstone of their rebuild, Bledsoe will have to like the Pistons and playing besides Brandon Jennings. Pistons will have to want to commit to Bledsoe at near max money when they've already given Jenning a lot of money.

I think this scenario is made up by fans because it feels so convenient. The truth is Bledsoe fits better in Phoenix which has a high pace, guard oriented offense. And Monroe fits better in Detroit, Josh Smith situation notwithstanding, because SVG is more of an inside-out coach who likes to initiate offense with his bigs.

2 people like this.
  10. saleem

Your points are valid. Monroe's defensive weaknesses may cause the Suns to reject him. His offense, size and youth still may tilt the balance in his favor. I think the Pistons will be happy with Bledsoe, they might eventually move Jennings.

11. saleem

I am less concerned about the spacing, as compared to his inability to defend.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We need someone that satisfies a long-term vision. Dragic is that guy.

13. mazinger

mazinger Member

No thanks.

14. rocketseagles07

How about the fact that he doesn't defend well? The biggest issue at the 4 position is defense. If we're talking about offense alone I'm fine with keeping T Jones even though he's not a "stretch 4"...

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You all still don't understand that T Jones will be the man (barring any trade)... The guy will get his minutes with DMO this year. If Jones plays all out... I believe the guy could get 16-17 ppg and 10 rb.. throw in a block a game

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I had the line of thinking that Josh Smith and Parsons were good Co-3rd pieces. They are both like 3.5.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Monroe does not fit Suns guard oriented offense, so if his offense is not focal point of team and he is a poor defender why would PHX trade for an ill fit AND sign for Max or near Max money. Better to just pay Bledsoe.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a depressing thought.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

Uh, oh, let's steal Spencer Dinwiddie from Pistons in that package

20. King901

King901 Member

How many points will the other PFs have playing vs him?