1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs Mavericks in Dallas Oct 7, 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Houston288South

Who cares when the game is in Dallas. We care about the game in Houston when he will probably get boo'd

2. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

Yay!!!! Winning a preseason game is soooo exciting

3. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

Im pretty sure hell play like 3 mins and bench it out.

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I am not one to wish bad things on other people, but I hope Chandler shoots ice cold against us and Harden/Howard go beastmode.

5. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Probably. Now that he's a "star", he can allow their role players to get some preseason minutes.

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly 9 weeks

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Can we drop the Parsons stuff? He was an ahole... but he was our ahole... now that he's not, who cares? Ariza is a better player because he knows he's a role player. We don't need an idiot trying to be something he's not.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I wish him the worst of luck.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

chandsome is gonna go OFF that game.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

na Ariza gonna lock him down. Ariza played EXCELLENT D on Harden about the best ive seen on him....Parsons is a joke offensively compared to Harden lol

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No, everyone should have a problem with Morey's decision to make him a RFA instead of picking up his option. That's on Morey and not Chandler. He was told to go get the best offer he could. He did. The Rox chose not to match because Cuban and the Mavs did their homework and made an offer that was designed to hurt the Rox if matched. They didn't match. Parsons now plays for the Mavericks. End of story.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I would say P.J. Tucker did the best job on him (last season)

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

forgot about him. He and Ariza defended Harden really well.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, Parsons got mad because he wanted to be the rockets player. We do not know anything in detail, but likely Morey told Parsons that the rockets would match the offer. At least on the sport radio, Morey said that Chandler was not going to anywhere. No mention that a potential contribution from him to the Howard signing if all reports were true. Now, it is a time to move on, the guy is in the another team, but some people like hating without a logic reason.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It was Chandler's agent who made the contract that way. Big difference.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Don't really care, preseason. I'm more concerned with the roster and how the guys fit at that point.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Cuban was on ESPN 103.3 up here and he went over the entire thought process that he and Donnie Nelson used to craft that offer. He knew that Morey would react in a specific way given his (Morey's) track record and thought process. That's the difference here and as for Morey's complaints about how the offer was structured well, it's along the same lines as the ones he used to get Asik from Chicago & Lin from NY so I fail to see where all of the butt hurt is coming from. Also, what folks down in Houston refuse to accept is that the Mavs & Cuban REALLY liked CP25 enough to overpay because he (a) filled a gaping hole in their rotation and (b) gave MC something to sell to the MFFLs. After all, his "financial flexibility" plan had not worked in 3 years and the MFFLs were very unhappy.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Is Morey complaining, or is he giving the reason he didn't match?

I think most people accept that the Mavs are stupid enough to pay Parsons what they did.

20. i3artow i3aller

Can't wait!
    Bring on that fat $h1t Giarraputo!
    [​IMG]

Look at him.... just inhaling the fresh hot dog aroma billowing down from the concession stand while the Knicks are in full on struggle mold.
    [​IMG]