1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

What about time warner cable... i would love to know the Answer to that because i never once read anything about that cable provider and its pretty big here in beaumont texas...

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Unlikely that you'll be able to watch the games without league pass.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Doubt it. Very hard to double dip.

4. MONON

MONON Member

Rats. Think I'll go back to bed. :(

5. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Yeah I'm in dfw and they would never have rockets on FSSW but they did air the Astros. Hoping FIOS picks up the channel so I can watch them again

6. sergio

sergio Member

With DTV outside Houston area I would imagine I can pay for the root sport Houston channel and see the games.

7. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Anyone!?! Dont wanna be ignored

8. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

If you're out of market, you will need NBA League Pass to watch Rockets games. It's the same for me, I am a NY'er, and have LP, well worth the money, 40 games a week in HD, all Rockets games, love it.

9. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

Well, I'm down there in the RGV, and just waiting for the games not to be blacked out on Direct TV.. I will definitely get the League pass when they start showing the Rockets.

10. rocketsmetalspd

You will not need to buy NBA League Pass because the RGV is regional to Houston because of the affiliation of the Vipers with the Rockets. Plus if you tried watching NBA League Pass free games which ends tonight you were not able to watch any of the Rockets games because the games were blacked out. Tonight's game even though it will be on NBA tv will be blacked out in our region , so once root goes on directv you will see all of the Rockets' games without having to buy NBA League Pass. Yea!! RGV!!

11. wgray

wgray Member

so is the a done deal?????

12. newAge_Rockets

As long as Judge Lynn Hughes doesn't issue a stay to comcast, then yes....we can expect to be able to see the games by the middle of this month.

13. rocketsmetalspd

According to reports first game on Root should be November 14th Rockets vs Sixers.

14. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):)

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

as of right now no.. which sucks

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Sweeeet!

Again people who have ATT Uverse & DriectTV will have this channel available?

17. rocketsmetalspd

IF they are regional to Houston. If not they pay for the channel to be televised as sports package option I believe.

18. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

that's right, but if I remember correctly, a few years ago when we would catch the Rockets games down here on FSW, I don't remember them showing the road games..
    yeah, unfortunately, tonight's game will be blacked out again:(
    Man, I'm pumped about getting the games on again in a few weeks..Hope there's no setbacks..RGV!!

19. rocketsmetalspd

Yes, but that was TWC cable doings. Directv would show all the games once the Vipers became associated with the Rockets but since Comcast took over there has been no games on Directv. Can't wait to watch the games starting November 14th down here in RGV. At least the game against the Spurs will be on TNT and the Wolves game will on ESPN before the 14th.

20. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

What range of channels will Root Sports be on ATT Uverse? 1600s, 1700s?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.