1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Jan 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

What are your roster, rotation, and overall strategy expectations for the rest of the season?

The reason I ask is because I cannot see a scenario, at this stage of the season, where Rudy and CD make any significant changes to the above. I completely understand that, as a fan, something needs to change but I believe that Rudy and CD are too risk adverse by nature and would rather let things take their course (btw, moving KT was a given even during the off season so it doesn't count).

Is this risk adverse nature why Rudy is so "slow" or non-existent in making significant adjustments during games? Is this why we have seen no significant growth out of this team this season (or even the past 2-3 years)?

I think that Rudy and CD would let this ship take its course rather than make any drastic decisions that may more adversely affect the situation.

I think the biggest risk is another non-playoff season where current players are so apathetic towards management that they would rather not be in Houston.

Can we really wait another year for this team to "grow?" I don't think so...

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I disagree that Rudy and Co. are adverse to risk.

Read: acquisitions of Barkley, Drexler, Pippen. And the near acquisitions of Sean Elliott and Damon Stoudamire.

When they feel they have a glaring weakness, they do what they can to fix it.

The question is, do they think they have a glaring weakness?

My expectation, if this roster goes untouched is 45-50 wins still.

In an ideal world, Francis would be traded for a decent PG, and a good whatever position player. I think this team sorely lacks quality depth. And it shows whenever our bench has to come into the game. I would also try to trade Mobley for a decent banger/defender like a PJ Brown-type.

What the Rockets need more than anything are guys that have "it". Really, only Yao seems to have "it". I think James Posey in a way, has "it". "It" mainly being just having the ability to know how to play basketball.

I don't think that suddenly Francis and Mobley will ever become smarter players. At least when they are in their physical primes.

I would trade them before their trade value plummets, if the Rockets continue to severely underachieve. Unfortunately, there is no Jason Kidd we could trade for Francis.

#2 kidrock8, Jan 30, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2003