1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Feb 21, 2014.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

With a name like El gnomo, I didn't expect you to understand. By the way, this is a basketball fan site, not soccer.

2. steady

steady Member

Yea, when your assessment of whether Lin could have avoided Harden is disproved by all the objective evidence, it raises the question, why are you holding this opinion so tight?

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I don't know why, but I'll indulge you. What would your reaction have been if he actually could have stopped (which I don't believe was possible), but it resulted in Klay Thompson getting a wide open look? Let me guess... ZOMFG WHY DIDN'T LIN RUN THROUGH! LIN SUCKS! What would have been acceptable for you in this situation, other than a Keanu Reeves-Matrix move underneath Harden's arm while running full speed and keeping up with his man?

lolwut? Not sure if this is some kind of weird racism, but I don't watch soccer (other than World Cup)... it's only slightly less boring than baseball.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I guess i will keep entertaining you....
    its called getting around a pick...

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hardens a tough sob he has a high tolerance for pain and wants to play. He's a gamer and wants to win at all costs. He's the teams best player even at 85% we need him.

6. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

what the hell, why does everything had to be about Lin!...I came here to see updates on Harden's status not for this crap....I miss the good old days

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I never thought having one player would cause madness on the forum

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutch should write an article:

The numbers are clear. Blind Lin haters deserve to be banned as much as blind Lin fans.

2 people like this.
  9. archinkent

archinkent Member

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If y'all can't stand the discussion surrounding just one player, then what are you gonna do when someone actually controversial comes along? Not just that, but if (or when) this team reaches true title contention, the scrutiny of the Rockets in general is only going to increase. By that time, all sorts of people will want to weigh in.

11. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

There's an album out with your name on it.

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

I wonder whether it will be any different if it was Pippen instead? :cool:

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We will never know :rolleyes:

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

/thread

15. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Just more ammo for the haters to crap on Lin

Lins fault Dragic is not a Rocket
    Lins fault that Rondo is not a Rocket
    Lins fault Harden is out for the season
    Lins fault that Brooks got traded
    Lins fault that we lose in close games because his foot was on the line
    yada yada yada

If the haters just come out and say they don't like him instead of hiding cowardly behind the shield of hating his "fans" then things will be much more civil....:rolleyes:

16. haydenfisher342

Im not a LOF or a LOH but I am a Lin supporter, I love his story, and hope in the end it he becomes a Hall of Famer. That would make his story epic. With that said, his play as of late has been lacking and its hard to defend him when he isnt putting up numbers. Hes become a pass first guard, he needs to become a scoring guard, attack the basket to score not to dish off to someone else. Teams figured it out

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I actually like Lin and his game, but I'm sorry...this made me laugh. Hall of Famer? LOL!

18. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

This forum has become quite unbearable. LOFs glorifies any of his court contributions and LOHs exaggerates any of his flaws. Can't we just all get along and enjoy the game of basketball and just treat him like any of the rox players?

Ironically, I find myself drawn into the lof vs loh battles :(

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I advice you to put them on your ignore list. They will never change their minds.

20. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

Actually, it's possible. He's 25 and he has just started his career in basketball..it's not like he's approaching the end of his career for everyone to assess and evaluate his accomplishments. What makes you think you can predict what he'll become later on in his life? Remember, it is the BASKETBALL HOF, not just solely based on what one has done in the NBA. Lin has a huge impact in basketball internationally (like Yao to a lesser extent IMO) and if he can become a solid 15/7 player in his career and perhaps win championship(s), he can make a legitimate case for being HOFer.