1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Travel Advice]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kona-, Mar 31, 2009.

1. kona-

kona- Member

Ok, So me and my dad are going to Mexico in next couple days.

We are going by land. And the current rule is you must have a passport your a state issued ID (Driver License) and a birth cert.

My dad was born in Nicaragua, but came to the united states and became an american citizen about 8 years ago.

He doesnt have a passport. Has a DL and Birth Cert.

Anyone know if he will be ok?

Thanks

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

You have to have a passport for a reason. I wouldn't try it at all.

3. Fatty FatBastard

Exactly. My girl became a citizen this past summer. First thing she did was get a passport.

4. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

You're going to Mexico. All you need is some cash and Spanish skills. You'll be fine.

5. Pushkin

Pushkin Member

That is all he needs to go there, but he needs more to come back. See Ken Hoffman's column today. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/main/6350319.html

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'd like to offer my services to smuggle you and your family across.

I am very well connected in areas of Mexican industry.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He doesn't need a full-blown passport book. A passport card is sufficient for travel to Canada and Mexico. It's cheaper and maybe faster. Wait time on a passport book right now is supposed to be 4 weeks. Probably can't do anything about a passport, though, if you're leaving in a couple of days. May as well apply, though, for next time.

8. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I just went to Laredo on Sunday to pick up my mom cause my dad didn't trust himself driving alone at night. I don't have my passport. All I took is my DL. The officer just told me to get a passport ASAP. It helps that I'm a girl, light skinned, and "sound white". lol If he absolutely has to, I'd say take DL and birth cert.