1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Carmelo trade talks heat up that the Rockets and Lakers want in on the sweepstakes.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Sep 21, 2015.

1. thevirus

thevirus Member

Akash Malhotra
    @ESPNAkash
    Follow
    I'm getting word from sources that if Carmelo trade talks heat up that the Rockets and Lakers want in on the sweepstakes.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Slap...! step back step back step back step back step back step back step back step back step back step back step back step back...

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I sure would hate to add a 25/6.6/3.1 guy to this team. We need less talent?

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Carmelo is underrated these days but damn it's hard to imagine that team for some reason

5. malakas

malakas Member

who? His twitter says he's a social media intern. lol

6. Dei

Dei Member

Would hate to part with either Ariza or Brewer but Carmelo would be fantastic.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Word?

No matter who is on the market, Rockets are looking at them. That is how Rockets operate.

Carmelo as a guy to carry the team = FAIL

Carmelo as a a piece to fit alongside Harden, Howard and other pieces that went to WCF = Something to consider strongly.

I hate Carmelo's game and attitude as much as anyone, but the current Rockets team could be a great situation for both parties.

As far as Melo and the Lakers, nothing would change. Melo is going to continue his melodrama there.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm with you on that. The trade going down now would significantly change the roster. You can't include anyone that was recently signed, if I'm not mistaken. I think he makes 22.8 million. If we had 5 players making 4 million each, that wouldn't be enough with the hard cap.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We would have some decent assets in a trade like that

I'm assuming the trade would be centered around Beverley and Ariza's(or Brewer's) contracts, probably leading them to a 3rd team as well. With select players like Capela/Harrell, Motie/Jones, Dekker/KJ to the Knicks, as well as assets from a 3rd team.

And of course, no trade can go down until dec 15th.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sorry nope, only one basketball to go around at this point. I'd rather have depth on this team than adding another all-star caliber player that will want touches.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

way to hard when were hard capped..

next

13. Handles

Handles Member

If Ty doesn't work out I'm all for it. But a big no from me if we've got Ty-harden-Howard. Only one ball.

14. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Exactly. We're 10 deep and if TJ has added muscle and can play better D now and D-Mo can be that guy he was for a stretch there last year, there's no reason we can't compete.

15. baubo

baubo Member

With the Harrell signing this is almost impossible capwise. There would have to be a lot of cap gymnastics work out for any trade to work.

I don't mind Melo, but for this season the Rockets can't do anything. Next offseason we can if he's still on the market.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durant should be a priority over this aging star...still serviceable shooter yet slightly above average decision maker

17. Raven

Raven Member

Morey will bid just to force other WC teams to pay more. Good. As for LA, I don't see Carmelo willing to live in Kobe's shadow. Nor do I see him willing to leave the EC. As for the Rockets, I'm skeptical. Matching salaries would be the first hurdle, then the Knicks would demand a couple of picks, D-Mo, and a project. It's not impossible to see it happening, but I don't think the Rockets need him enough to give up the farm, not with so many great players becoming free agents in 2016.

18. izeroi

izeroi Member

Can we even afford this guy?

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Would probably play pf

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

With the new cap, his salary is a bargain for his production.