1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets still showing interest..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bezzle, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks remain interested in Lakers free agent forward Carlos Boozer, league sources tell Sheridan Hoops.</p>&mdash; Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/625885739532873728">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I assume Chuckwagon is our fallback fail-safe plan, huh?

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

This is new and exciting

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I stopped at Sheridan Hoops

Only Jopatmc would take playing Boozer over Terrence Jones.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who has the worst hairjob now?

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Good rebounder and decent mid-range shooter. The Rockets obviously wanted him last year when he was amnestied.

He might come here for less money if we can guarantee a certain number of minutes. My guess is we need to trade TJones or DMo to get Boozer.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Actually I think he'd take almost any form of carbon-based life over "T_ones".

7. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Which would be idiotic. If he doesn't want the min to play for a contender and would rather have guaranteed PT on a bottom feeder, I will pass.

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

I still can't believe a professional athlete would use hair in the can.

1 person likes this.
  9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO:grin::grin: hilarious.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don't see the Knicks as a fit. They've already got the following PFs:

O'Quinn
    Porzingis
    Derrick Williams
    Amundson
    Carmelo (small ball)

The Mavs could be a legitimate option, and I think they still have their room exception.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When you say "obviously wanted" I'm not sure what you are referring to other than a Cyberx report/rumor that was debatable info. Apparently McHale wanted him badly and was pissed the Rockets didn't get him, but upon further detail, the Rockets didn't have the cap space regardless to even pursue an amnestied free agent against the rules of the CBA.

So regardless if McHale wanted him or not, the Rockets front office staff is smart enough to know that he was never really ever available. Either McHale is an idiot, and doesn't understand CBA rules, or the rumor wasn't great info coming to Cyberx.

So I do not buy the rumors that the Rockets wanted him necessarily. They know he was never really available to them.

Trading Jones or D-Mo TO GET BOOZER???.... Seriously... you can hate Jones all you want. That's fine. Root for a trade, but even the biggest Jones hater in the world has to look stupid by suggesting that moving him for the 2015 version of Carlos Boozer is a significant downgrade. He's bad.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't necessarily disagree. Just stating what seems obvious. He will want time or money, and we can't give him either right now.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Agreed!

15. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

I take anything via SheridanHoops fairly lightly so I hope this isn't true (anymore). I'm not a fan of his poor excuse for effort on defense.

16. micah1j

micah1j Member

Maybe this is a signal to Chuck Hayes that the Rockets have options, but then again I can't imagine Chuck Hayes wanting more than the minimum.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

Chill dobro. I'm not suggesting that we trade TJones or DMo.....just that we'd probably have to do it to guarantee Boozer some minutes. If we were to trade either, it would be for a reason completely unrelated to Boozer.

As for Boozer last year, I'm pretty sure it wasn't just cyberx that said we were interested. I thought there was a national writer that said we had a deal all but done if he cleared waivers. We were never going to put in a waiver bid (as you noted).

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Would be a shame if we finally won the championship with boozer and I missed watching the entire season out of protest.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

20. dragician

dragician Member

thsi guy is a reliable freethrow shooter ;)