1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canceled my cable service 2/5. It's still on!?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, Feb 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

lol this reminds me of that Friends episode where Joey and Chandler had free p*rn on their tv. I called to cancel my cable service (Cox cable) few weeks ago for 2/5. Even called yesterday to verify they were notified of my service request, and they said it would cut off sometime in the evening and he looked at my account and it only shows cable internet not TV.. Well I have no PROGRAM GUIDE and my clock is all wrong, but I still have programming!

on Monday Im suppose to take the receiver back to them but I hope this isnt some scam to charge me for etra days!

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I remembered I canceled my cable at my old apartment and still had it for 5 years free. When they did the digital tv update at my complex they finally cut off my cable.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Kinda hopin' you get charged, bro. Monetarily...or criminally (dun-dun-dunnn).

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

No, this is common actually I think. My cousin had basic cable and after a month trial he canceled it and the cable guy came by and did something but the cable still works. Like you said there is no guide or anything but the channels are there.

6. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

This is actually very common at where I am living right now. The school housing use to be a hotel tower and has 26 floors full of rooms so the cable company will cancel your cable (e.g. stop charging you), but since it costs more for them to send a guy out to manually shut of your cable very time a student cancels, they just leave it until someone comes out the next time around. Even if they do come out, they usually only cut you off if someone on the same floor cancels their cable. I enough people here who have had it for over 2 years now.

Is it his fault if the cable company doesn't want to send someone out to shut it off? Should he unplug his cable? ;)