1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Let Peyton Manning get to you.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by catch&shoot, Dec 13, 2004.

1. catch&shoot

catch&shoot Member

Why? Because when's it all said & done - he will beat Marino's record, but he'll retire just as Marino did - lotsa records, only as good as his offensive line allowed him to be & perhaps most important..........NO RINGS!! Stay proud, Texans. You did well.:D

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Manning is a great QB, but as we showed yesterday if you can rattle him a bit or keep him off the field the Colts are a completely different team. I think they have the Ravens next, a good test with a strong running game and great defense. Make no mistake the Colts are not a playoff team it'll be Pats and whatever victim the NFC spews forth.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I guess I figured out what you mean by "the Colts are not a playoff team". Regardless, don't discount what teams have been able to do periodically to the Pats secondary. I'd give the Colts a small shot in that game. And then don't forget the Steelers...their defense can give the Pats a run.

And you're saying the Pats would dominate the Eagles in a SB? Assuming that based on the last line. I'd be willing to make a wager on the point spread if you really think it'll be that much of a domination to warrant "whatever victim the NFC spews forth"

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Actually I meant not a superbowl team, but no edit...anyways they're not really a playoff team either, a crappy defense IMO against Belichek ain't gonna hack it. The Steelers have a great running game and defense but with a rookie QB? Even as good as Roethlisberger is I just can't see it. Though it wouldn't shock me.

The Eagles just aren't going to make it to the Superbowl. They are so terrified of losing a fourth straight championship game it's laughable. I can't imagine who could knock them out but they'll beat themselves somehow.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I dunno I gotta disagree with you there... I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't make it... but I have to say the odds are in favor of the Eagles going. The past three seasons they didnt have this called guy by the name of Terrell Owens, and now McNabb has the weapons he's needed, they're solid on both sides of the ball, and they're sitting at a pretty healthy 12-1. They've looked a lot more relaxed this year in year's past, plus they'res just not much competition in the NFC to give them a run for their money. Maybe, just maybe, the Flacons or GB can take 'em down. But considering the pummelling the Pack took a few weeks back, I would prob count them out too.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The smart money would be for them to make it I know. Seriously who in the NFC is playing anywhere near as well as the Eagles? But I swear it's like that Buffalo Bill syndrome... you just know it's not meant to happen.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's what I was chanting all day long at the game yesterday. He can have these records that, in the grand scheme of sports records, aren't that memorable. He will never win a Super Bowl.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't get it.

what's he supposed to do, stop passing for touchdowns until he wins a superbowl?

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, yeah.

Come on, Trent freaking Dilfer won a super bowl. The New England Patriots, of all teams, now dominate the league. of course he can win a super bowl at some point in his career. A QB can only do so much, the rest is just being in the right place at the right time - will he ever be in it? Maybe, maybe no. But nobody knows for sure.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Of course, I don't know for sure, but it makes me happy thinking he won't. I'll bet any amount of money that they won't this year. It's all nice and easy playing in the comfy dome, but you know what happens when teams who get all comfortable with the regulated temperature have to venture outside in the cold weather in January...

Seriously, has anyone seen happen what Manning did on Sunday when he ran over to our bench flailing his arms like that? He's such a baby.

#10 Rocketman95, Dec 15, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think the Steelers and/or Pats will run all over the Colts D. They can play keep away. Hell, if we we can do it, think what The Bus and/or Corey Dillion would do. In the snow no less.