1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HUGE LULZ] Royce White...."Don't call it a comeback!"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BamBam, Mar 6, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If already posted, my bad, lock it up...

[​IMG]

This guy is MORE Looney than I thought! I wonder who he might sucker into taking him this time?...:grin:

Rest of story and tweets....http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/royce-white-comeback-nba-mental-health-anxiety-030515

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The well must be dry.

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

this guy is a big joke
    morey's biggest mistake was drafted this guy

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What a waste of a pick. I still don't know if it's on Morey or McHale. I heard McHale really wanted him despite his known issues. Epic fail by both overall on pick no 16.

Or was it drafting busty Morris over Kawhi? Or scrubby Dorsey over Deandre Jordan?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I hate that he is in Rockets red in every picture of him

6. AXG

AXG Member

Git r' done Moari

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Now goes by Alexander White

hate that guy

8. SRR21

SRR21 Member

He must being seeing an end to that money he stole lol.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Biggest difference between him and Sanders is that Sanders quit on his own terms. If Sanders wanted to play someone would pick him up.

White has always wanted to play but he's not good enough to play at the NBA level. He even tried to use his mental disability to get playing time...

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

No thanks. Pass

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What happened to that promising music career and record label?

#BeWell

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hey, Hassan Whiteside changed his attitude and now he is in the NBA. Who says Royce can't do the same?

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Royce was such a huuuuge disappointment. He is the same size as Dorsey but much more talented, could have been the first point center in NBA. Kid has so much BB IQ as well, too bad his BS IQ overtook everything else. Not denying he has mental health issues, but he was trying to leverage that instead of surmounting it.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

#BeWell

1 person likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Made too many baby mommas. Can't afford to not play basketball.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

I wonder how directly related Royce White's public ****-throwing campaign against the Rockets during his season here is with the big increase in negative perception of the Rockets.

I know people hate Dwight, but like... before we got dwight, he was already making us a heel.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He can.

But does anyone on this earth think that Royce/Alexander has the fortitude to try out, play for, and get cut by 9 teams (half of those on the other side of the world) to prove himself worthy of another opportunity???

The NBA is a pretty small fraternity. Sure anyone can be welcomed back in, but its not easy once you burn nearly every bridge you've come across not just with the GM's and coaches, but also with the players, and league officials who he made an embarrassment of in his time allowed in the league.

Sure there is a chance, but we are talking about building the Great Wall of China to re-bridge that gap... not just putting a couple planks out there and expecting to receive open arms on the other side.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm all for morey offering a spot as a flight attendant on the Rockets charter. #BeWell

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Anyone who has dealt with severe anxiety and even agoraphobia knows that what Royce has/had was different than that. Besides, the best way to combat severe anxiety is to change your behavior and your patterns of thought through acceptance and encouragement.

That is not going to happen through isolation or trying to change the behavior of everyone else around you. Nor is it going to change if all of your eccentricities are validated and even accomodated by a quack doctor AND your employer.

If the whole premise of his 'illness' doesn't add up, it's impossible to accept the way that he strong-armed entire NBA front-offices and made himself out to be a martyr for a misguided cause.

He is a head case all on his own. Best of luck in getting his demons sorted out.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's admirable that he's out to rob another NBA franchise, we'll see if the league has learned their lesson when it comes to paying people like Royce.