1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The ( Texas Killing ) Fields

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 9, 2010.

1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Just heard from Anchor Bay Films that the movie will be released in Texas this Friday.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

48 Hours is doing a story on the killing field murders and this movie at 9 pm tonight.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Rented this movie from RedBox. I want my $ back haha. I live right down the road from the fields and used to take girls there in high school to scared them before they turned it into a neighborhood. We onetime accidentally ditched my friends car right in front of the creepy house and the owner opened the door and looked through the screen door. I almost **** myself.

Movie was terrible. Apparently my house is in the middle of swamp lands and all my neighbors have Louisiana accents? Apparently there is a prostitution ring in Texas City... Although the houses looked straight out of Deats road in Dickinson and San Leon.

I'm curious if they researched the subject at all. I know it was just inspired by the real events but they didn't even get the victim profile correct. If I remember they were all around 20 with blondish/brown hair. Usually looked like some celeb? They didn't follow that at all.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, we almost rented this from On Demand this past weekend, but after watching the preview we both rolled our eyes. No thanks.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah this movie was bullsh!t...

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I like how the pimp kills a cop in broad daylight and is able to go park under a bridge and shoot his partner.... I guess we don't have helicopters or more than one cop on duty in Galveston County.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Was it as bad as the HBO movie about the.Cheerleading Killing Mom from Channelview staring Holly Hunter? I knew people that knew the real mom and the Grandys country cooking they met at to plan the killing was like walking distance from my house

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Never seen it, but this movie is pretty much watching Spacejam thinking it was about Jordans retirement.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I went to a tailgate at a Texans game a few years ago and she was there. She is friends with a good friend of mine's parents. She was a little too cozy with my ex-wife, so that was really the beginning of the end. :)

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Shanna Holloway? Weird.....

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I found an old digital camera I thought she took and was going through the pictures. Discovered a self-portrait of the two of them.

12. William Oddo

William Oddo New Member

For All Who Read This... Tina Flood is my little sister... She was raped then beatin' to death and ultimately murdered by p***y ASS John Drew who is a serial rapist & murderer... I Wish They Would Let This MOTHER ****ER OUT of Prison...

1 person likes this.
  13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Condolences. If they did let him out of prison, you'd have my full approval in doing whatever you wished to do to him.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

Damn.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Can you tell us a bit about the trial and the evidence that might have been presented and never came out in the media? I think he was a serial killer/ rapist and wondered if that came out at all in the trial.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was home last weekend, so I took my girlfriend to the fields ha. If you walk straight back, the cross will be about 30 feet to your right, you'll approach a place where a group of trees make a fork. If you look in between the trees there is a big sack that looks like there could be a body in it. Totally made her think we found a new body ;).

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Something about it on CBS right now.

1 person likes this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Reading Kathryn Casey's book Deliver Us. Just started. It's about the killing fields. I was looking it up after hearing a song called "Nowhere, Texas" by City and Colour, and it piquing my interest.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I live right next to the killing fields if not in the killing fields. It's not that bad.

20. Texasguy

Texasguy New Member

The Texas Killing Fields

Google "My Look Into The Texas Killing Fields". Check out the blog.:eek: