1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do we rank in the West today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looking back, feel pretty good about my last summer projections. Didn't expect Houston to move from Tier 1 to Tier 3. :(

Disappointing: Houston, New Orleans, Phoenix
    Surprising: Dallas, Sacramento

2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Gsw-way better than we thought
    Spurs- better than we thought
    Okc-defense is not great, but they have come together offensively
    Clip-a lot of negative energy around this team
    grizz-better than start of year
    Dallas-one of the biggest shockers. They didn't tank and will make the playoffs
    Rockets-even us rockets fans are confused about this team.
    Jazz, Portland, sac-one of these will probably be eight seed and get swept

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think Houston eventaully passed the Mavs up. They have been playing worse than us Te last month record wise.

Theors schedule Is harder than ours for February.

Now with Memphis they have been playing really good ball lately not just better but very good. Had they started this hot from the jump they would be fighting for the 3rd seed.

I don't see Houston catching the grizz even though technically we have a shot. For one they are rolling but two there next 12 games are really easy is be surprised if they lost more than 2 of them if that.

Still think the rockets can get to the 6th seed and win 48 games but it will be tough.

1. GS (nobody's close)
    2. SA (hard to read them because of pop never revealing anything, but clear 2nd best team in the league)
    3. OKC ( very good team with two top 8 players but they don't have enough imo and I really think we could beat them in 7 game series)
    4. Grizz ( clips have played a soft schedule but done what they need to do but grizz to me are playing fantastic grizz style ball. This is there last year together and they are playing like it)
    5. clips ( worst 30 win team in the league have a losing record against the west top 6 on my list, as bad as we our the rockets should be the favorites if we played them round 1 imo)
    6. HOU ( as bad as we've played This year, when this team is playing defense and passing the ball were the 3rd best team in the west imo and can hang with SA and GS not win but hang, never count out a team with two legit superstars much like okc but our role players are better imo)
    7. Portland ( I like the way they have been playing very nice young core should make the playoffs imo and even take the 7th seed.
    8. Mavs ( mavs are playing bad after the hot start there 9-11 the past 20 Games I believe and age is showing with their core. Wouldnt be surprised if the fall to 8 or even out the playoffs altogether.)

Top teams in NBA by season end

1.GS
    2.SA
    3.Cle
    4.Okc
    5.Tor
    6.rockets
    7.grizz
    8.clips
    9.miami
    10.Atl

I just have this feeling that the rockets are about to play good ball and take off. We're going to peak at the end and make some noise in the playoffs. This team is still too talented to not be a great team that should beast anyone not names GS or SA.

4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Rockets are an inconsistent team with potential. I don't think too many top teams would want to play us in the first round though. Well maybe the Gsw and Spurs wouldn't mind.

5. verysimplejason

Not bad...

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

in addition to the GSW claims, just reading stuff like this again is just laughable for someone who tries to call out others. LOL