1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenyon Martin: 21 pts, 2 ST, 6 BS. Sickening! Also, Martin= younger Rogers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan34, Jan 2, 2000.

1. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Man this guy is sick! 6 blocks and now he's scoring like 20 or so a game. The only thing against before the season is his offense and now he's developed a jumper. Other than his height i don't see much wrong with this guy.

Is it me or does this guy resemble Carlos Rogers? They are similar in height, known for their shotblocking and defense. I haven't seen him enough to say he's a shorter version of Zo.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not sure what he was doing in college, but Carlos Rogers definitely is not known for his shot blocking.

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

3. rocketsfan34

he also did this in 20 mins of action cuz of foul trouble in first half.

[​IMG]

Doesn't that just look so sweet?

[This message has been edited by rocketsfan34 (edited January 02, 2000).]

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Martin is 6'9 and rogers is 6'11.

Martin does remind me of mourning. This guy is a great player and i think houston should try the best they can to get him. I think he would be a top 3 pick.

5. rocketsfan34

Dr-I remember the broadcaster saying when Dream, Cato, Rogers, Shandon, Francis were on the floor against the lakers awhile back that there were 3 shotblockers on the floor. Unless shandon or francis is that I assumed Rogers was the 3rd shotblocker.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Per 35 minutes he averages 0.87 blocks per game.

Per 35 minutes Cato averages 3.61 blocks per game.

Per 35 minutes Olajuwon averages 2.27 blocks per game.

The broadcasters need to quit looking at his highlights... [​IMG]

------------------

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is this guy in the NBA, yet?

Are we talking about the draft before we know our position and all the underclassmen coming out?

This Martin weekly report is misplaced, IMO.

This BBS does have other forums for talking about boys. This is the Rockets forum. We like to separate the men from the boys, here. [​IMG]

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Be thankful, it could've been another "Hey, what about Sam Mack" thread... [​IMG]

------------------

9. TraJ

TraJ Member

Perhaps the broadcaster had in mind that the Rockets were playing a 6'11" guy at small forward. He should be able to get a few blocks at that position.