1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BSKBALL: Rockets likely to pull a deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Thanos, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

Not the most reliable of sources, but just for the heck of it:

"The Heat and Bulls would like to make a deal with Houston, its very possible Houston makes both of these deals, sending Walt to Chicago for Brad Miller, and Rogers to Miami for Ced and Ricky Davis. The Rockets were very active yesterday in talks, and a few new teams may surface in the hunt today. Houston would love to trade Kelvin Cato and there have been some feelers on him. I expect the Rockets to trigger a deal today."

------------------
    President of the Official Welcoming Committee for Shareef Abdur-Rahim!

2. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

what are the contracts like for Ricky and Ced? I don't understand the deal with the Heat unless these guys are going to give us cap relief................

I like the Walt for Miller talk, however.

------------------

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

All those deals are cap-purpose deals that would make our position even more confortable as far as free agency goes in the offseason.

------------------
    President of the Official Welcoming Committee for Shareef Abdur-Rahim!

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Walt Williams for Brad Miller??? Where do I sign?!? If CD and Rudy have half a brain they would make this deal now. But I can't see Chicago wanting a streaky shooter set to make 5 million next year. I pretty sure Los for Ced and Rick Davis wouldn't work under the salary.

------------------

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

After playing with Real GM, I got the Los deal to work if we throw in Bull. Don't know if Ced and Davis are good enough to give up a deadly 3 point shooter down the stretch.

------------------

6. Chris01

Chris01 Member

The only way- the ONLY WAY - Id want to make a move is if it freed up cap room for next year. The Rockets need as much space as the can to go after Webber. At the same time, this group is playing so well together right now you hate to change anything at all. The bench- including Cato and Williams- was solid last night and, along with Taylor and Olajuwon, was the reason they beat Minnesota.

------------------

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I love all of those deals.

The Walt for Miller deal will definately include the rights to the Bulls pick that they owe us. So thats why they would make that deal so they can make other trades latter.

Any deal involving Cato in my opinion will be a good one.

[This message has been edited by The Real Shady (edited February 22, 2001).]

8. tod the bod

tod the bod Contributing Member

Its funny, the Chronicle reported this morning that the Rockets have not been active at all in trade talks and that it was unlikely that the Rockets would pull any deals today. But I would trade Walt, Cato, and Rogers in a heartbeat.

9. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Will somebody please email me if that Collier for Garnett deal goes down. Thanks

------------------

10. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

Did anyone read the Rockets' team column on that page? The Rockets were ready to deal Los, but the players all told CD they didn't want to make a move.

------------------
    Kenny Thomas had a foul called on him in the Western Conference Finals.

[This message has been edited by Dogbelly (edited February 22, 2001).]

11. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I say we don't trade anyone. We are all healthy for once and I think now we can contend with anyone in the league and I do mean anyone. We are now 2 deep in every position. what more could you ask for?

I think everyone has given up on Cato too soon. Do I think he is worth his contract? Hell no. But I think he is a valuable piece to the Rockets future. Yes. He is size and defense and I think physically strong as well. I think he just needs to get over the mental aspect of his game and just have fun.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

12. haven

haven Member

Considering that Doc Rocket tends to send us cryptic messages whenever there's a *hint* of trade winds blowing and the fact that he's been conspicuously absent...

I think bskball.com should be taken for what it is... utter crap.

------------------
    Why is it that everytime BC defeats a major conference opponent, that opponent promptly goes on a losing streak?

PS. Notre Dame sucks

13. wink3

wink3 Member

If they are seriously offering Miller for the Wiz then screw chemistry. That's a great deal!
    If I were CD, that's what I'd tell the players.

------------------
    Don't look at the feet

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I thought Miller would hurt our chances in signing Webber with his huge contract?

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

15. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

What about this trade.

Rockets trade
    Anderson
    Cato

Clippers trade
    Odom
    Maggette
    Rooks

Rooks is just as good as Cato and dosen't make as near as much.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

16. rock

rock Member

I'd love to have Odom on the Rocks. He can play multi-positions right? Mostly at SF...

------------------

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is just plain silly. Nap time! [​IMG]

------------------
    Take an object.
    Do something to it.
    Do something else to it.
    " " " " "

18. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Why is it silly? [​IMG]

------------------

19. Live

Live Member

I like both of those possible scenarios, especially the Miami trade. I like Ricky Davis' potential and felt that he was a steal for the Heat when they acquired him. If I'm not mistaken, he's 6'6" - 6'7", very athletic, and capable of playing either the 2 or 3. He would be great on the Rockets and provides a nice backup plan should Shandon decide to move on this summer.

------------------

20. wink3

wink3 Member