1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

internet radio broadcasts?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nashvegas, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm stuck in Oregon for the next two months, and was wondering if anybody knew of any online broadcasts of the Rockets games?

thanks in advance

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah please if anybody has info on this it would be great.

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I don't have any radio links, but cc.net has an AWESOME game time chat room, come and pay us a visit...

I can tell you right now, the Houston radio station that carries the Rockets doesn't stream, check with the Indiana stations...

------

[​IMG]

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

Say does anybody want to share Audio League Pass this year? That would be so rad. Its my only way of following the Rockets.

6. BayouRocket

BayouRocket Member

I noticed that there were links for the audio feed on nba.com for the games yesterday. They were located next to the scores of the games. I just looked for todays games and didn't see any links. I am hopeing that this will change as the games are ready to start. I started a thread on this same thing a week ago, and no one had any information.

Real Networks signed a multi-year deal with the NBA last year and they had the Audio League Pass last year. I don't know what the hold up is this year, but they have not mentioned it at all on NBA.com or Real Networks website. I am a little baffled.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm completely willing to buy Audio League Pass again for everyone, but like it's been mentioned, I don't think they're doing it again this year. My guess is it became too expensive, and too many people were sharing connections. (hmmm...the cc.net ruling?)

Anyway, it appears that they're doing NBA Live, which is a video feed if you're a subscriber to RealOne, which costs $9.95 a month. I haven't really been inspired enough to pay for that yet, but I'll give it a closer look probably tonight.

I'm at work right now, so I wouldn't be able to sign up for it here anyway.

If it could be arranged, however, I'd be interested in working out something with other people, and maybe one person wouldn't have to carry the entire burden... I don't know how RealOne works, though. Does anyone have it? Can more than one person use it at once?

I'm sure we can figure something out.

:)

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anyone else think we might crash their severs with all the fans listening in?

9. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Last season there were over 150 cc.netters using my account on Audio League Pass...

I can see there point if they discontinue it...

:)

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

http://www.clutchcity.net/radio.cfm Here is the link that you can find right here on the cc.net frontpage. It's got all of the radio stations from other teams and even affiliates that broadcast the Rockets feed. I don't know if the NBA blocks online broadcast during games or what, but it's worth a try.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Actually none of the links work on that page for the Rockets links. It appears that it has not been updated in a while. I don't know if WTAW still carries the Rockets in Bryan/CS but I would bet on it. So give WTAW's webpage a try. http://www.wtaw.com/

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do you guys know how good it works if you have dial up. I mean is it clear and does it have a lot of interruptions. I think mine usually connects at 56k. Man i cant wait for the game to start tonight. I hope Francis has a huge game.

And does anyone know if there is a regular radio station that has the Rockets games on in Austin.

~Thanks

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Man you gotta get high-speed internet. It's awesome. I just got it not too recently and it blows 56k out of the water as far as video quality and download speed. Audio is as clear as ever. With 56K you should be able to hear audio farely well, but when I had it it would skip every now and then and have to rebuffer. That is a real pain. But for the most part you should be able to pick up the feed nicely. Defragmenting your computer really helps your internet speed. I don't know why, but it helped mine a lot. It takes a while though. I would urge you to do that sometime probably overnight. Anyways, try wtaw. I'm listening to Sean Hannity right now. I don't know if they carry the Rockets online or not though.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Who is Sean Hannity? What station is he on.

Yeah I just moved to Austin. I got a really good new computer. Anyways it came with six months of free MSN. So I think Im gonna use that up and then get DSL or Cable.

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

He's a political talk show host with a national show on different affiliates everywhere. He's on Fox News Channel every night at 8 P.M. Hannity & Colmes it is called on FNC, and it is the best political show on tv right up there with Bill O'Reilly which comes on at 7 P.M. on the same channel if you're into that. Hannity is a right winger. Colmes is a lefty. Go Republicans! Take back the senate! Anyways, I guess his show is on wtaw everyday as I've never listened to wtaw before. And as I said I think they broadcast the Rockets games.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Im thinking you mean the radio right. what channel is it on. and is it am or fm?

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

DJ JFive posted the following in another thread. I don't know if they're valid or not, but you guys may want to check them out :

To listen online:

Station: "Sunny 107.7"

Station: "Star 100.5"
    Stream: http://www.kmvl.net/pages/43934.asp [Windows Media Player]

Station: "News/Talk 1620 WTAW"

18. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Dude, that's cool...Why get league audio pass when you can just listen to the station directly? It comes in loud and clear!

19. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Can anyone listen to the game from any of these feeds?

20. green tea

green tea Member