1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Procrastination Story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Hello Clutchfans! As a recent college grad and an upcoming law student, I've had my fair share of horrific procrastination tales and undoubtedly I'll have tons more in the next 3 years. In the middle of panic mode when I have a research paper due within a matter of hours that I've only halfway completed, I turn to threads from different forums on the web to comfort me. I would love to start one here and now about our very own procrastination stories. I found a particularly admirable one from another site that I'll post here to get us started:

So what kind of horrible procrastination stories do you guys have?

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i'll read this and post my story when i get around to it

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That story ain't ****

I wrote my 40 page senior thesis on 17th century chinese short story literature in a 30 hour binge session and aced it. Absolutely killed it and was asked to present my findings to an international conference

Jayzers_100 and Cohete Rojo like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Procrastination is my biggest flaw but I work great under pressure. I've researched this a few weeks ago to see how I can cure this. I found none, most advice was just saying that's the way you are made of so deal with it.

I've had my fair share of failing easy classes because I didn't do a simple online assignment. As you get older that stress is super intolerable. I also did class presentations the night before and you know what I did, took shots of tequila and told my classmates about it.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Being a college student, I have a lot of stories like these.

Thankfully I've aced all but one of my classes.

So, I'll continue procrastinating --- or maybe not.

6. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

People that do blue collar manual labor suck

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So, this one time I

1 person likes this.
  8. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

I'm a huge procrastinator, so I've had plenty of horrible experiences, but this one is by far my worst.

My AP English teacher in my junior year of high school assigned us this GIANT midterm project that involved an almost unbelievable amount of research and five lengthy essays. She gave us an entire three months to complete the project.

I (along with all my friends) put off the vast majority of the work until the final few weeks. My friend and I spent nearly two whole days compiling all of our research over winter break. That wasn't that bad. The worst came on the night before the project was due. I had about 3.5 essays to write that night, and I didn't start till around 9pm because I had a swim meet that ran quite late that day. I powered through and finished writing at around 4:30am.

As I finally collapsed under the tremendous weight of my exhaustion, I received a text from a friend stuck in my same predicament saying, "Dude, how the **** did you write that fairytale."

I had completely forgotten that I was supposed to write a 3-page fairytale that portrayed racism. My teacher thought it would be "fun." So... at 4:45, with my eyes half-closed and barely fighting off sleep, I churned out a story based in the world of the "Big Bad Wolf" where the pigs dominated society and oppressed the wolves.

Let me tell you, that **** was weird. I didn't even know what I was saying as I was writing it. I was so embarrassed when I read it over in the morning; I even considered not handing it in and just taking however many points my teacher would deduct for turning it in late.

Somehow got an A on the project. Convinced me even more that procrastination was the answer. I'll probably suffer for that mindset when I start college this year. Oh well. :)

#8 M.G., Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Don't think of procrastination as being lazy. Think of it for what it truly is: applying pressure.

This way, during your interviews, you will have plenty of examples of working under pressure.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

A waited about a month after getting my new plates to put them on and stuff.

12. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Last time I really procrastinated and ended up pulling it off was when I was taking organic chem. Had no idea what a nucleophile or electrophile was and didn't even understand the concept of electron pushing. Had my exam in about 12 hours, ended up just reading some websites and memorizing mechanisms. Ended up with an A somehow lol. Boring, I know.

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

All stories are welcome! Thanks! Others who have taken organic chem should be able to relate to your plight.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I became a burnout in college not because I worked hard but rather procrastination failed me later on when I forgot the crap I crammed earlier. I guess I didn't have the knack for physical science that I thought I did.

Not that it has stopped me from doing anything easy earlier. Forms, expenses, taxes, mail...There was this one time that

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

2 month projects done in a span of 4 days with friends.
    I ****ing hated AP English Literature.

I just flat out plagiarized the last one and got a zero. Still got a B in the class. Senior year of high school was terrible in terms of procrastination.

College really tempts and pokes at that procrastination factor as well. Yikes.

16. youknowme

youknowme Member

I once had a class in college, where they tell you the very first day, the only thing graded are 4 papers on pre-defined topics at least 20 pages each.

I of course skip every single day of the class after the first day, till the last day where I turned in my papers. I successfully wrote 80+ pages the day before (in about a 12 hour period). Got an A on all 4 papers and an A in the class!

Procrastination works!!!!!

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Cool thread. I'll post a story later today. The Hangout isn't going anywhere.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I had four term papers due the week Halo 2 came out. So, naturally, I pwned noobs until the last possible minute, then started on my assignments.

30 pages (15 sources needed)
    Two 20 pagers (5 sources)
    and a 10 pager (no sources)

The 30 pager was on US-Egyptian relations. The 20 pagers were on remarkably similar topics (technology law). And the 10 pager was supposed to be a recap of an internship.

I wrote all 4 of these assignments in about 36 hours, without sleeping.

The 30 pager took up probably 24 of those hours. The 20 pagers I did in about 10 hours, and I was able to do so because 1) I was in a total writing groove by then and 2) the topics were so similar I was able to basically wrote both papers at the same time. The 10 pager was admittedly fluff and I was so lucid and sleep deprived by the time I started writing it I honestly can't even remember it.

I ran into a friend on campus after dropping off the final paper and apparently he said I looked like I was higher than giraffe nuts. I went home and slept for about 15-16 hours.

I made 3 Bs and an A, and that was the last time I ever procrastinated on something.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I do things ahead of time. I find that I get stressed out waiting until the last minute.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member