1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason Gm 1] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Aug 9, 2014.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Kinda funny when the team actually doesn't live up to your poor expectations you get more optimistic than others lol I like it.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just throwing this out there, I don't think Obrien showed even a little bit of his offensive plans.. although if the team could not perform his standard generic offense, then Im not sure how his more intense offense will be better..

3. Remii

Remii Member

Lol.. Well I did watch Fitzcraptrick play last year. And he was bad, but he wasn't as bad as he was Saturday night. BUT, from what I've been reading what he's been doing in practice today... Yikes...

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

What are your thoughts on Kyle Orton? I honestly have never really watched him play.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

On offense the Falcons with a healthy Jones and White will give our secondary the blues. The Falcons don't have a better defense than the Cards, but they are pretty solid.

The way we played LOL of course will play slightly-moderately better. I hope!

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I can see that houstontime, but for some reason I doubt it LOL. Neither QB could generate a solid drive.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Case didn't have a good practice either, he threw two picks.

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

TOM SAVAGE!!! all he needs to do is develop a complete football IQ over night. Then we just send our fastest guy on go routes for him to launch 70 yd bombs at.

=Championship

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahahahahaha,

Hey Savage might be our Ben Roethlisberger. Would be sweet.

Fingers crossed.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Meh... Seems like a running in circles move. With that offensive line and the offensive weapons we have (or lack thereof) _ I don't see him doing much better.

No were to go but up after that performance... Lol.

11. Summer Song Giver

Running in circles move you say? Surprised the Texans haven't already made it then.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Fixed...

Don't speak to soon. Anything could happen between now in the start of the season. Lol.

I feel another long playoff drought is on the horizon.

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I will admit, I have lost a bit of faith towards this season, but I think all we need is a good QB and maybe a solid CB/safety. I think either or both of those could be had before next season, so I don't really agree with the LONG part. I mean it looks bad now, but honestly its only one or 2 weak parts. Oline will be good once brooks is back. IMO

14. Remii

Remii Member

Maybe that good QB is on the roster in Savage... Maybe :confused: But if not _ that's the hardest position to find a good player at. Around half the teams in the NFL don't have good QB's.

And good defensive backs (corners and safeties) aren't easy to find either and the Texans need more than one. And may end up needing a WR and RB as well to replace AJ and Foster... No guarantee they will be on the roster next year.

Still need a right tackle.