1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger or Chandler Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zainahsan93, Jun 30, 2011.

1. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Morey is going to have to make a decision, it makes no sense to keep both Bud and parsons, their basically the same player.

It would make more sense to trade Bud since he has already established himself.

What do you all think?

1 person likes this.
  2. AFS

AFS Member

Right now Budinger is very valuable to the team as he is getting paid relatively nothing and playing pretty well comparatively. We don't know if Parsons can even play at the NBA level yet. Budinger's job is pretty safe, at least until Parsons is done with his probationary period and shows he can ball.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Too early to say we need to move Bud to make room for Parsons. I think Morey loves Parsons and envisions him being in the rotation, so something will eventually have to give, but that could play out in many different ways. We also don;t know how effective Morris will be as a full-time SF.

I want to trade Bud for several reasons (he's not a good defender, he's not a good shooter, I have faith in Morris, and i think Bud has value to other teams), but none of those reasons has to do with Chandler Parsons.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Are you high?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why do you think they are the same player? Because they are both white small forwards?

1 person likes this.
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think you need to look into Parsons game more. They are not the same player. If budinger is out it's going to be because Morrison made him expendable, not parsons.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Typo, Morris, not morrison.

8. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

:confused:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TA5PLjlv0d4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

Parsons can hang out in the Rio Grande Valley for a year.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Parsons has nothing on Bud..... I think when it's all said and done either Lee or Martin might get moved and Bud might become our backup 2.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Keep both I hope.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bro, I didn't say he couldn't score. Bud gets to the rim, which is one of the best parts of his game. I just said that he's not a good shooter. Look at his FG% 42% and his 3pt % 32%. Are you telling me that Bud is a good shooter?

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I disagree on the 1st part. What separates Bud and Pars, is that Pars can be effective if his shot is off, and Bud as seen in the past cannot. Which is why I think Morey will sell high on Bud, while there still a market for him.

Also T-Will in my opinion will be the back up 2, if players like Lee or Martin get moved.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Offensively, Bud is inconsistent. Capable of outbursts of scoring in one game, followed by complete duds next game. Defensively, he sucks, plain and simple. Opposing s/f have the Rockets' games circle on the calendar because they know they will have a scoring explosion against Bud. Indeed, those who say Bud improved defensively last year remind me of some of the folks who said Brooks was a good defensive player prior to the start of last season.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was wondering the same thing
    I dunno much about parsons . . . . .

BUD is a keeper to me. . . a good bench man
    I think we give him one more year to test his consistancy
    which IMO is his worse issue

Rocket River

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

fixed..

So since Bud is already established...should we trade K-mart, Lowry and Scola since they're also "established" players for some undrafted d-league players?

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It seems to me that Parsons has more of an all-around game with good rebounding, dribbling, and passing while Chase is projected to be the better scorer.

19. sbyang

sbyang Member

They're white, they're the same player.

20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Parson actually has a lot of similarities with Hedo Turkaglue. Both 6'10 F who can shoot the ball well and distribute it.

But Bud is the keeper.