1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tang on Bruno

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Jan 15, 2003.

1. drapg

drapg Member

I was listening to the TK show while running this morning and happened to switch over to Tony Bruno to hear the end of a serious conversation between Tang (the Asian-American who wrote the article about Shaquille O'Neal's comments when discussing Yao Ming and the same man who fingered out Bruno as using an entire segment to replay the infamous clip and allow listeners to tell racial jokes on the air) and Bruno.

From what I gathered, Tang called Bruno's show for an impromptu discussion, nothng was set up.

They were very calm and courteous towards each other. Nothing was resolved. Bruno said that Tang misrepresented his intentions and comments. Tang said he heard what he heard and wrote what he heard.

Tang also said that the Asian-American version of the NAACP (I don't know what it's called) is planning a huge discussion/press conference/community get-together before the Lakers v. Rockets game to bring the issue to close. He is inviting representatives from all minority groups to attend, including the NAACP, in hopes to bring "racial harmony".

Did anyone hear the beginning of the interview? I'd like to know what else was discussed.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hahaha, we must've tuned in at exactly the same time!

3. Timing

Timing Member

I think Irwin Tang's 15 minutes are about up.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was a good thing that someone brought it up, but I didn't like the way Tang handled the issue.

Those 15 minutes were probably the pregame ceremony for Friday.