1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great article on Chris Paul

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shaud, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6436820

Damn I knew about his Grandpa getting killed but I didn't know Paul wanted the guys to be free now.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is why Chris Paul is not coming to the Rockets. He is full of humanity and Daryl Morey has none.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Beating a man to death with a pipe?

I could understand if it was robbery gone awry, but this seems just cruel and hope these guys get whats coming.

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

CP3 great player, better person.

5. dback816

dback816 Member

And what do you propose they get after finishing their sentence and getting out of jail?

Get beaten to death in turn?

6. New Generation

We need more players like CP3, and less players like Artest.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Artest is a great person as well...

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He's a better man to me because if they beat my grandpa to death I'd want at least a life sentence.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Um, where did that come from?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its like a bad SNL or Family Guy joke. Its a bad joke. But they repeat like 85 times, and somewhere during those 85 times you laugh. Finally - I laugh.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Didn't Artest just win some type of humanitarian award last week? And dude auctioned off his championship ring for charity.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

didn't artest win this year's citizenship award?

13. showtang043

showtang043 Member

its great that Chris Paul has the power to forgive, great message. Did the writer really call for him to ask for those guys to come out jail? We are not talking about poor kids looking for money, they murdered and hurt the old guy, its one thing to stick him up for money, but this was no accident, they murdered and old man and did more than just rob or try to rob him.

Now they have been in the jail system which is all gangs and does nothing to rehab them and they are going to be that much worse out there and he wants them out? I am not sure what the writers angle is after showing chris paul's humanity

14. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Used to really dislike Paul for what I thought was dirty play, but reading this and seeing him show so much heart against the Lakers makes me like him.

15. houseofglass21

Forgiveness or not, they don't deserve to get out for what they did and deserve the full extent of justice and the law.

1 person likes this.
  16. Steve_Francis_rules

We need fewer posters like you, and more like the many people who have pointed out how stupid this post was.

17. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

The "dirty player" comes pretty much from a punch to the sack on Julius Hodge in Paul's Jr. year at Wake Forest for which WFU suspended him the next game (first round of the ACC tourney that year IIRC). There's no "proof" of this but immediately afterward, the talk was that Hodge was verbally jabbing him with cracks about his grandfather (don't remember the choice of words).

If Paul scraps and pops and whatnot, take this (nut punch) incident out of the equation and there's a lot less "Paul is a dirty player" talk. I have watched Kobe play and there's no doubt, to a Laker fan he may be a god, but to an opposing fan (like me), he plays downright dirty. I think "dirt" and player has a lot to do w/ context.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Too bad our tax money is going to feeding these guys, bullets are cheaper.

DD

19. scottie brooks

Its all good for the soul that he has the heart to forgive them but I'm not sure the justice sytem should just let cold blooded murderes loose in the streets??

Sure the prison system in no way reforms criminals but murderes free on the streets just because paul says so?? No thanks. Life in prison is horrible and I couldn't think of many hings worse, except getting bound with duck tape and beat to death with a pipe.

20. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

should add, if it wasn't posted here prior:

Updated: April 22, 2011, 10:13 PM ET
    Chris Paul flies down Brad Rhoades

"NEW ORLEANS -- Normally one of the first sights upon arrival at a New Orleans Hornets game is Chris Paul on the court, getting in some early work.

More than 90 minutes before the third game of the Hornets' first-round playoff series against the Lakers Friday night, there was the familiar No. 3 Hornets jersey, dribbling back and forth across the floor.

Except it wasn't Paul bouncing the basketball. It was a 14-year-old high school freshman from New Hampshire who literally found himself filling Paul's shoes after following in Paul's footsteps with a basketball tribute to a deceased loved one. ... " - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6412099