1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets land Scott Machado, Zoran Dragic + others for Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jul 1, 2012.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Scott Machado and Zoran Dragic to participate in Summer League?

@Jonathan_Feigen
    Some interesting names lined up for Rockets summer team, besides, you know 1/2 the actual tm: Scott Machado, Zoran Dragic, Dionte Christmas.

2. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Nice to see a local NY kid on the Rockets summer league team in Machado. Went to Iona.

Awards

*MAAC Player of the Year (2012)
    *2x First Team All-MAAC (2011, 2012)
    *MAAC Rookie of the Year (2009)

Honors
    *MAAC, Iona all-time assist leader

Kid has talent as a PG, I saw some had him in late 1st and early 2nd round area, I thought he would be drafted, but nice to see the Rockets giving him a chance.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm really hoping Machado and Dragon Ball Z make the 15 man roster or at least get sent to RGV. I think Zoran committing is a good indication that Goran will be back.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Christmas in July

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm guessing we can add:

Donatas Motiejunas
    Jeremy Lamb
    Royce White
    Terrance Jones
    Patrick Patterson
    Greg Smith
    Marcus Morris
    Courtney Fortson
    Daimon Simpson
    Jon Leuer

That's 13 so maybe a couple more?

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I think Machado could be at least a solid backup in the NBA. Not sure about Zoran.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Some interesting names lined up for Rockets summer team, besides, you know 1/2 the actual tm: Scott Machado, Zoran Dragic, Dionte Christmas.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/219653447576850432" data-datetime="2012-07-02T04:47:17+00:00">July 2, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Couple other Rockets summer leaguers: Jerai Grant, Kyle Fogg and Eli Holman. Machado will be fun to see. Stunning that he wasn't drafted.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/219657766153891840" data-datetime="2012-07-02T05:04:27+00:00">July 2, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Scott Machado, PG, Iona, averaged 9.9 assists a game as a senior. More info here: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Scott-Machado-7024/

Looks like the kind of guy who can make the rest of the crew look good and increasing the chance somebody having a Donte Greene peformance. A great asset fluffer.

Zoran Dragic, as expected, will be on the team. Would be awkward if Goran signed elsewhere before summer league begins on July 13. Drama!

Other team memebers not reported by Feigen: Omer Asik's brother Zomer Asik, a 6'9'' PF and Eric Gordon's brother Zoric Gordon a 6'1'' combo guard will also join the squad.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mashing

Mashing Member

Those are some strange names.

9. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Machado was wise to sign in Houston.

He has a very good chance to make the team (IMO).

Getting him is almost like having another good pick in the 2012 draft.
    It's very surprising this guy wasn't drafted at all...

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

So this is Morey's tactic..get all the little brothers playing in the summer league to convince the bigger brothers to sign here

11. pass_to_Hakeem

My boy Kyle Fogg?? YeZZir!!!!
    .. We were just hoopin together last Tuesday in Brea and he told me HOU was 1 of 7 teams working him out.. 6"3, pretty athletic , decent shot. NICE!!!

12. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

maybe another jeremy lin can be found, but not waived this time.

13. Classic

Classic Member

haha, good luck to the toyota center announcer next year if a few of those guys make the rotation

14. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Machado is actually really good. Insanely good passer. Him with Lamb, White, Jones, Donuts, Morris, Leuer -- gonna demolish people.

15. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

THIS!!! LOL

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Looking forward to seeing what Machado does against some real competition.I fear having things play out with Fortson being our #2 pg ... who knows with the way things are going Fortson may end up our starter :eek:

17. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

That's a heck of a summer league squad. Almost be willing to see what they could do against the Bobcats :) .

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

With Morris, Motiejunas, Jones, White, Lamb joining the squad (unless traded first lol), along with Patterson probably getting some rehab minutes and the guys that Feigen mentioned (Zoran Dragic needs to play a lot in order to please Goran), the Rockets should perhaps explore entering two summer league teams to get everyone minutes.

I mean, even the summer league roster's PF rotation looks rather clogged up.

19. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

hahaha lol really

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't tell if this is a legit thread or a spoof from looking at some of these names.

#20 Dr of Dunk, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012