1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scott Machado - Iona

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RocketsMAN!, Mar 14, 2012.

1. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

From: http://nbadraft.net/ncaa-tournament-preview-west-region-0

I'm not sure he gets drafted first round, projections have him all the way back to the end of the 2nd. Height, and scoring and pure point guard ability, he's a good tweener, able to play the 1, AND possibly the 2 if we play small ball. His team is already out of the tourney, so it is likely he drops to the 2nd round. I know we have Sergio coming next season, but if Sergio ends up being our first (Lowry and Dragic traded between now and the draft) then I think Machado becames a really good back up PG.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My only experience ever watching Machado (probably like most people) was last night against BYU.

And it is literally impossible to draw a conclusion from that game. In the first half he looked like a Harlem Globetrotter and had the announcers fawning over him. In the second half he (and the rest of his team) disappeared and looked like they didn't deserve to be near a college tournament.

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

For whatever reason, I saw this guy play quite a bit this season. I didn't set out to watch a lot of Iona basketball, but it just worked out that way I guess.

The guy is really, really talented. If anything, there were times where I'm sure his coach and teammates wished he would look for his own shot more. Against the MAAC, he was able to take over a game with not only his point guard play but also his scoring.