1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Few 9/11 memorials across Arab world

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohen, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/11/sept11.arabs.ap/index.html

I think of the reporter from MSNBC who said that as she was boarding a plane in Saudi Arabia, there were stickers all the way down the gangway saying 'down with America'.

Maybe our image is accurate.

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

#2 rockHEAD, Sep 12, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2002
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

This stuff really makes me mad.

I just don't understand killing in the name of god. The whole "my god is better than your god", and "my god says you must die" is just crazy. :mad:

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

these were probably given out at the meeting...

[​IMG]
    A cigarette lighter depicting the terrorist attacks on the World Trade
    Center along with a bust of Osama bin Laden is seen in this undated
    photo distributed by the Israeli Government Press Office.
    (AP Photo/HO/Amos Ben Gershom, Israeli Government Press Office)

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that might be the single most offensive and distasteful thing i have ever seen...what a flagrant disrespect for human life.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Anyone remember any count on the number of Muslims killed on 9-11?

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ever watch any of those "faces of death" videos? I haven't, but I hear they're pretty gross. I'm sure there are far worse than a stupid ornament depicting bin Stupid and his acts.

8. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Funny how this is all put off to 'extremists' who people think we are ok to fight, but that doesn't include Iraq, who would seem to fit into the 'extremists' category when their state run newspaper says 'God's punishment.'

9. Cohen

HayesStreet,

Being too logical again while discussing Middle East...

10. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

My achilles heel.

11. right1

right1 Member

How stupid can you get? God's punishment? So when Afghanistan and Iraq get bombed by U.S. and U.N. forces do they consider that God's punishment too? O.k. misled Iraquis, we'll call all YOUR dead women and children God's punishment. I think a life in Baghdad is a pretty bad punishment. Will it be God's punishment if we nuke your ass to kingdom come? Hell no!! It will a bunch of pissed-off freedom fighters taking out a violent ruler who wants to kill innocent women and children. What are you fighting for anyway Saddam? Turn to the good side- we'll hook you up with solar energy technology and build you swimming pools. We'll even give you plenty of corn and beans to eat. Well, I can't guarantee what they'd do actually, but it sounds alright with me. Teach your people love and understanding Saddam! Good will overcome. Isn't that what your prophet taught?

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

What a stupid thread. How many monuments are there in Texas? or Israel for that matter? You know in a recent trip to Mexico I didn't see one either. Maybe we should attack them, too!

Is there a point to this thread or should it just be merged with the "Why aren't we at war with Islam thread?

13. Cohen

right1,

You do distinguish between a State-run newspaper and the Iraqi people, right?

14. giddyup

A memorial is not a monument. A memorial is an event the like of which we observed all across the free world on Wednesday.

Oh, yeah, the Arab world is not so free I guess. Either that or these terrorists were not such an extreme element.

15. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

There's the San Jacinto Monument. There used to be a great restaurant across the street called the San Jacinto Inn too.

16. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

When was the last time a group of radical Texans, Israelis, or Mexicans claiming to represent those groups as a whole hijacked four planes and flew (or attempted to fly) them into civilian targets?

What a stupid response. Maybe it should be merged with all of your other posts.

17. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Now THAT was funny, lol.

18. giddyup

Is the Inn closed? That was one of my childhood semi-annual journeys.