1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] McHale on having less input on personnel than he did in Minnesota - "Good."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

UPDATE: 1:25pm -- Here's video of McHale talking after the press conference.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1615/kevin-mchale-press-conference-videos/

<HR>
    This was probably the funniest part of the press conference. I'll have a few more videos up ... about 7+ minutes of McHale after it was over.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFrK9sKSTKE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFrK9sKSTKE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I was really hoping to see Leslie bust out laughing.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Les not amused. :-|

1 person likes this.
  4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It was funny and honest. And then Les killed it.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But Les would have killed it if he had fallen into his giggling laugh, too. no?

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Les was like the **** that's affecting my profit margin. Morey is like "lol, this guy has no idea what pile of **** he just stepped in."

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

All this team is missing is a super prospect for me to be super excited about the future... but for now I'm mildly excited. I like McHale.

8. Raven

Raven Member

I strongly suspect that Les wants a coach who'll give safer interviews to the media, which might explain his sour reaction to the joke.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I like McHale - find him amusing and he was a hell of a player, but I'm still skeptical that he can make it happen as a coach. I would love to be wrong though. Hopefully he gets the right assistant coaches around him to take some of the in game pressure off him because right now, I'm scared that he is not going to the be the master tactician that the games best coaches are(and Adelamn is in that group).

10. htown11

htown11 Member

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you....The 3 Stooges...

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

yeah your right.

-A top 50 Hall of Fame NBA Player of all time with multiple championships

-MIT professor.

-and a billionaire business entrepreneur.

But Im sure you're smarter than they are.

3 people like this.
  13. Raven

Raven Member

Slap!

:)

14. Nook

Nook Member

OUCH....

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

shots fired.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And in this press conference, McHale is talking about being a player, Morey is talking about stats, and Les is talking about businesss

Wait, no they aren't.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Talk about players winning you over? Martin went out of his way to praise you.

Thats all nice. Kevin and I have talked. My job is to make them the best they can be. Sometimes easy, sometimes not so easy where you get push back. Everyone will have to find their role. I'd be lying to say everything will be rosy from the first day on. I told them all: we're gonna work hard. I've never had a problem coaching anyone yet. I'll tell them the truth and how I see things. No BS, all straight forward.

Challenges of motivating?

Thats my job to motivate them. If they arent motivated, they can sit right by me. If you're sitting by me, you dont make many mistakes. My HS coach told me that. I was throwing the ball all over the gym. He said, know why you're sitting by me? I said no. He said you cant throw the ball all over the gym, you're sitting by me. I thought about it for awhile, I liked to play, so I stopped throwing the ball all over the gym. You use the bench, thats what you use. You used the bench back then. If you're playing like a dog, you sat next to the coach. If you were playing good, you played. That hasnt changed and will always be the case. Its your job to motivate them and get them ready to play. I take pride in that. I take pride that teams I coached always played hard. If you dont play hard, you sit next to me. I'd rather lose with guys playing hard than with more talented guys giving me sideways, halfway effort.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Down goes Frazier. Down goes Frazier. Down goes Frazier.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I listened to the radio coverage and didn't get the impression that Les was annoyed or anything. Seems like he just wanted to point out that it's not gonna be the dictatorship of Daryl or even a divided rule where McHale and Daryl run totally separate operations. He's been big on collaboration between the coaching staff and the fron office.

#20 Carl Herrera, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011