1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Memphis Commercial Appeal] Atkins says Rockets are interested

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by erying007, Apr 20, 2007.

1. erying007

erying007 Contributing Member

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_5494951,00.html

Please lock if already posted

Another future

Odds are Chucky Atkins has played his final game as a Memphis Grizzly. Atkins, 32, just completed the one-year contract he signed last summer and is now a free agent.

After averaging 13.2 points and a career-high 4.6 assists per game this season, Atkins hopes to land a multi-year deal with a contending team.

''I'm just going to wait and see how everything plays out,'' Atkins said. ''I'm interested in any team that has the possibility of going all the way. I know Houston has some interest in me. Obviously Denver, Miami, Orlando, Detroit. I've been hearing my name circulate around a lot of teams. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the summer and see what happens.''

Head spinning

Don't tell rookie sensation Tarence Kinsey that this was the worst season in the Grizzlies' brief Memphis history.

"I really hate it's ending right now," said Kinsey, who won the Western Conference Rookie of Month award for April. "I wish I could continue to play."

Despite the Grizzlies' 22-60 record -- bad enough to claim the NBA's worst -- Kinsey finished with his head in the clouds. He scored in double figures in the last 13 games.

He averaged 18.9 points on 50-percent shooting, 4.1 rebounds and 2.2 steals in those games.

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

FA Chucky Atkins Says Rockets Interested

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_5494951,00.html

Odds are Chucky Atkins has played his final game as a Memphis Grizzly. Atkins, 32, just completed the one-year contract he signed last summer and is now a free agent.

After averaging 13.2 points and a career-high 4.6 assists per game this season, Atkins hopes to land a multi-year deal with a contending team.

''I'm just going to wait and see how everything plays out,'' Atkins said. ''I'm interested in any team that has the possibility of going all the way. I know Houston has some interest in me. Obviously Denver, Miami, Orlando, Detroit. I've been hearing my name circulate around a lot of teams. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the summer and see what happens.''

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

How much cash hash hash would it take to land him. He is solid but nothing spectacualr.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would bet on him signing for the LLE.

there are alot of FA PG's this summer. alot of them are more talented, younger, and bigger names than he is.

he's nothing spectacular but he's capable of scoring 20+ on his own. meaning those points aren't from spot up shooting. he can create his own shot. he is a vet PG, and he has a very good outside shot.

i'd love to have him subbing in for rafer.

5. uchlha

uchlha Member

noo its the second coming of rafer. let vspan develop and play backup :( i still beleive in him D:

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Two Chucks on the same team?

8. YaoMac111

YaoMac111 Member

I'll take him over Alston.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I agree. He'd be a good backup to Rafer, NOT a replacement.

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Why?

BTW, there is another thread for this. Not sure which one they will lock.

11. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Any combination of Chucky Atkins, Tyronne Lue, Antonio McDyess, Andres Nocioni, please.

12. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

well we gonna have to a sign a decent PG in the summer..

pf...i guess we can wait..but center i dont know. big jake seems slow and deke is getting way too old.

13. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

McDyess can play PF/C. He is a decent shot blocker and is strong on the boards... which alows him to play C. Mobile and has a decent shooting touch to allow him to start at PF.

14. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

screw him, develop Spanoulis. Use the MLE to resign Jake (future backup center post Deke) and re-sign Hayes to a deal.

Draft a PF or use Sura's contract plus picks to get an impact 4 right away.

My .02

15. wingz0

wingz0 Member

McDyess is definitely someone we should take a serious look at.

Chucky...I'm not so sure. He's been playing great. Offensively that is. His defense is still atrocious. That, and he's 32. If you wanna talk about subbing in for Rafer, we already have one undersized guard with a great outside shot in Luther Head. Can you imagine Chucky and Luther at the guard spots at the same time? Opposing guards would run circles around us.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep yep.

DD

17. RedRaiderRocket

I might be the only who feels this way but I liked what I saw from Jason Hart this season when he went to LA Clippers I think he would of been a good backup to Rafer this season, pretty good shot, appeared to have pretty good handles, and distributed the ball well to Brand and Maggette, oh well too late now.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

atkin would be a nice backup but i dont think the rockets should dip into their mle too much for a 32 year old pg. he just doesnt differentiate himself enough from alston

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

20. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Concur. I was pretty sad when we passed on the opportunity of dealing JL3 for a kid from Denver (I think?) whos got some potential at 4.