1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Talks about Potential Fight with Manny Pacquaio

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ParaSolid, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/11/16... (RSS: Top Stories)&utm_content=Google Reader

------

blah blah blah built in excuses. Pacquiao is one-dimensional? How about changing up from that defensive style of yours, Floyd? Already trying to get some sympathy because he knows who the crowd favorite is.

2. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

No-win situation? :rolleyes:

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

"If I go out and make $60-75 million in one night; come on - I'm not losing."

that sounds like a no win situation alright.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Brett Favre to the ViKings? I'll post a link later? :confused:

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They should do 40-40 split with winer getting 20. If floyd knows he will win I don't see why he doesn't take it.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What a self absorbed moron.

His antics will speak for themselves and the fact you won't win just for the money will be all too apparent. God I hate this guy so much.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Pacquaio is a great fighter, Floyd doesn't know he'll win. He's a boxer, he's cocky - so he's going to talk himself up and put Pacquaio down.

I do think there is some truth in what he says. If Mayweather wins it will illicit more of a 'eh' response. If Pacquaio wins some will be surprised and many more will be rejoicing that he beat Floyd's cocky ass.

1 person likes this.
  8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I will predict Floyd will make it boring. He is like hopkins their styles just aren't conducive to good fights. If pac starts lunging in he will be eating counter punches. He has to be patient if he wants a shot.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Its the same thing he said before the weekend. He says he has nothing to gain from fighting Pacquaio, and that's why he won't do it.

What's changed is that Roach said he wants Floyd, and the seeds are now publicy planted in the crowd. Hopefully this happens.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I would be rooting for Pacquaio but I'd expect Mayweather to win in a decision.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He has a point. He should win and he is a much bigger guy than Pacquiao but Manny is by far the best opponent out there for him. Why come out of retirement if you don't want to fight the best, Floyd?

This fight will happen simply because of the money Mayweather will make. I expect he'll win too but I hope like hell he doesn't.

12. Christopher

Christopher Member

Watched a few rounds of the Cotto fight last night.....even the sound of Pacquaio's punches were different to his opponent, he just has so much power its amazing!

Considering Pacquaio is with best pound for pound fighter in the world and has stepped up 7 weight classes to now be in a position to fight Mayweather.....he has to fight him!

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I know i'm not in the majority here but I'd like to see Mayweather vs. Sugar Shane first....

14. chonox

chonox Member

slight OT, but heres a vid of mayweather arguing with some guy on the radio, Mayweather me thinks is a class A douche.

oh yeah, NSFW language:

p1
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHmCYlIsX5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHmCYlIsX5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

p2
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0Hz5-uYHso&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0Hz5-uYHso&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

If your saying no one would care if you beat the best out there right now, why fight at all. He fights any other fighter and you'll get the same response. Yeah go fight someone else and tell me Floyd what do you gain? The same I'm "suppose to beat him" if you win and "wow Floyd lost" if you lose. If anything there's nothing to gain if you fight anyone else.

Right now, Manny is the best P4P fighter, if Floyd doesn't want that title anymore and also shut all the critics up and then he can keep telling himself and everyone else there's no point in fight Pac-man.

16. sew

sew Member

Damn, dude was givin it to Floyd.

17. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Floyd Mayweather Jr. getting incoherent.....

18. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Floyd is flip.

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think that's a fair compromise but what if the fight goes to decision? 20% of purse would be tens of millions of dollars. I'm sure a judge or two could be bought for a million a piece.. And if Mayweather would win this fight, he'd probably would win off points and on a decision. So I don't know how that would work out..

20. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

the person who has more foreward steps should get the 20%.