1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cable Service Houston] RR dropping

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pradaxpimp, Sep 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I live near Dairy Ashford and I-10 and my service has been going nuts. I understand its probably rita, but I can't reach Roadrunner to make sure.

Is anyone else getting cable d/c for like 3 or 4 hours at a time the past couple days?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, it happened to me last night and again today for a while.

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Yeah mine was out for much of the evening last night...i'm on the southwest side. Funny how it works perfectly fine during the storm, but then goes out well afterwards.

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I live close to you & mine has only gone out last night.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah, mine was out last night but I think it was everyone with cable in Houston. I even had some friends whose cable tv was out during that time.

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I too could not get through to TWC so I sent them an email from my phone last night and got a phone call today saying that last night there was a major disruption of service and due to downed power lines/repairing downed power lines service would be spotty for the next few days.

I have service (thank goodness) but a friend of mine over on Feagan near Shepherd does not have service as of 5:00pm.

So the outages are sporadic and sort of all over... damn Rita!

7. droxford

droxford Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/special/05/rita/3369433

Sept. 26, 2005, 12:03AM

Cable outage leaves many 'desperate'

The majority of Time Warner Cable subscribers in Houston went without their favorite shows Sunday night — including the eagerly awaited season premiere of Desperate Housewives — after a power outage at the company's facilities on West Tidwell.

Television screens went dark at about 7 p.m., company spokesman Ray Purser said. A backup generator failed, and a second generator did not restore power until 10:27 p.m. It was unclear whether the outage was related to the hurricane.

The blackout could not have come at a worse time for Rita-weary viewers looking forward to the return of "regular" TV shows.

Besides Housewives, Sunday's fare included the season premieres of The West Wing, Cold Case and Grey's Anatomy.

8. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

We were without cable from 7-10 last night and at work RR was off and on (In The Heights). On the way home from work tonight though, I saw 4 TW trucks in a span of 10 blocks.

9. tested911

tested911 Member

Last night for hours.. starting around 6 or 7 p.m....

Just watched Cinderella Man to past the time. ( What a great movie )
    I tried calling too but it was busy.... I'm going to call them again and make sure they note my account. Live in the Alief Area

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Live in I-10 East/Beltway 8 (north shore) and my dad said that RR was down but the cable TV was still up. My cousin's was down and he lives in Missouri City. I guess it just up and down everywhere.

11. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Last night KHOU channel 11 reported that Time Warner was having outage due to a car wreck on 1960.

12. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

My RR was out from around 7-10 pm last night. When I couldn't get through to RR I knew there was a major outage and their phone lines were clogged up.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I have a house in that area, and I've got to say that area has the worst RR service anywhere in Houston I've seen. After calling them 6 times, 4 visits of "psuedo" technicians and 2 threatnings of switching to DSL, they promptly came and replaced all the wiring outside of my house.

RR= Bastards

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I was having RR problems off and on for weeks and I finally called Earthlink and transferred my broadband account over.

RR's customer service sucks the biggest balls it isn't even funny. I'll save some over the first 6 months, but will pay a few bucks more afterwards.

One good thing to come out of it is that all the email spams on my RR account is now gone.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Agreed RR is terrible.

How can anyone use RR mail? If you click back it takes you back to the previous website altogther. Its a comedy of errors.

How much does some sort of T1 line cost?

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hey, you live near me! and i had the same experience with RR.

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I didn’t want to say anything, but someone made the comment in the Hurricane thread about what all of us DISH users were going to do durring the storm? and "long live cable".. Well just to let that person know I didn’t lose any service during or after the storm with DirecTV or my ADSL, but I hear you did :p see what all that show boating got you.. ;)

18. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

My direct tv never flinched during or after the storm. :)