1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PTI: "Rockets will not make the playoffs"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by makman, Jan 30, 2003.

1. makman

makman Member

On pardon the interruption they were talking bout the Rockets and Mike, Tony, and the guest all agreed the Lakers will beat us out and that we dont have what it takes. Sad to say they're probably right. Im still supporting and im still a fan but im sick of the rockets. Something needs to happen as in a trade or a new coach to set the guards straight. The way i see it we'll be 9th seed soon enough. Pretty pathetic.

2. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Seriously! I blinked my eyes and all of the sudden we're not even close to the Spurs anymore, we let the Jazz and Timberwolves slip by us, and the Lakers and Warriors are right on our heals! It's like we totally collapsed after the Lakers game. What happened? I mean, we barely slipped by the lowly Grizzlies to prevent a 6 game skid.

You have to think the season rests in the next set of games. Friday's game is very important to the outcome of the season, in my eyes. It will show if the Rockets can perservere during a rough time, if we go out and play well, as a team, with some class. The Rockets seem like they're at the bottom of the barrell, and there's still time to salvage this slipping season. They just have to make things happen sooner than later. They need a spark, which is why Friday's game should be a center piece. They need to give it everything they've got to erase the memories of their last 2 weeks. Every new game is another chance to turn it all around....someone tell them that!

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well im glad its still not even the half way point in the season. the rockets have just hit a rough stretch. they will turn it around...have faith people.

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I wish that were true...but we are past the halfway point of the season when one considers the Rockets(24-20) have played 44 games out of 82.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

We are past the halfway point of the season. We are 44 games into the season.

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

:( Might be true. We may not make it. But that'll be good. Then the correct changes may happen earlier. Hopefully the Rockets do make the playoffs, though. It's really going to be tough. They have to take each game seriously.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lottery time....

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

no lottery pick this year. its playoffs or nothing

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

What if we won the lottery again?

...that would suck

10. WLH

WLH Member

We will make the playoffs and at better than the 8th seed. I would not be as surprised if the Lakers move ahead of us as I would be if we do not overtake some others. This team is still getting used to each other. And being 44 games is still about halfway, I don't why some of you people have to be so exact, the guy was only 2 games off.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Uh, it's playoffs or lottery.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

yeah...no lottery for us...we are too good to win it...and too bad to get to the playoffs...

BUt....ahhh......I really wish the rockets will prove my previous statement false. I will study every night.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no lottery for the Rockets. That pick belongs to Memphis (whose non-number one overall pick belongs to Detroit) to complete the Francis deal.

14. carayip

carayip Member

What if we give Lebron James to Memphis!!! :eek:

15. AT

AT Member

Yeah....this team is too young. And hell, Glen Rice, our veteran leader has been out for a spell now...

I honestly can't believe anyone still believes in this team. Though it is funny that clearly the tenor of this board has turned to the "dark" side yet some still cling blindly to Rudy "shi" T.

This isn't basketball. When Fran Freaking Blinebury calls you out with a (finally) lone dissenting opinion in the sycophant RAG we call a sports page, it must be dire.

PASS THE FREAKING BALL!!!!

MAKE A TRADE!!!

FIRE THE COACHING STAFF!!!

Do SOMETHING!!!!

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

How you figure? Rockets owe their pick to Memphis to complete the Stevie Franchise trade. So it is playoffs or nothing since they dont have a 1st rounder

17. WLH

WLH Member

yeah, it is playoffs or nothing this year, Memphis et.al., but it will be playoffs, not nothing, wait.

18. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

At least last year's team was out of the playoffs early in the season. This year, they're going to wait until almost the end before ultimately disappointing us...

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Oops, my bad. I figured it was lottery protected or something.

Oh well, looks like nothing this year.

20. Raven

Raven Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/bk/bkn/1366769

The Rockets can send the Grizzlies either their own first-round pick this season, or a another team's pick in the top 15 of the draft or within two spots of the Rockets' pick.

So if the Rockets win the Lebron derby, they'll have to make a trade with another team in order to get their draft pick, and that team would probably bend the Rockets over a barrel, since they would know the Rockets are desperate.

Raven