1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter expelled from public university 'Black Lives' event for not being of 'African descent'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 2, 2015.

1. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=4378428032001&playerID=2436822743001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUNqE~,xKBGzTdiYSQO_AtyrK_TWDarhTlAxJpV&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=4378428032001&playerID=2436822743001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUNqE~,xKBGzTdiYSQO_AtyrK_TWDarhTlAxJpV&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/23550/

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

All lives matter, but these people actually want to fan the flames of racism because that, ultimately, is the source of and rationale for their funding. They would be lost if racism suddenly disappeared. I wish both of these results occur someday ... soon.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I believe in free speech, but due to recent events of white aggression in the news I think these peace participants have just reason to be a little bit on edge regarding this outsider.

4. Remii

Remii Member

So Mr thumbs _ you admit to raciam actually existing, but you have a problem with a group of people who have a problem with what they feel is racist treatment towards them...

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm surprised that king race-baiter Obama wasn't there to fan the flames.

6. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Blacklivsematter protests has actually killed more then it saved.

Both Ferguson and Baltimore murder rate has dramatically increased since the riots. I guess less cops is what they want and this the consequence.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That would have been funny if the reporter was South African.

And man that one lady who thought the Feds were creating files on their kids was as nuts as the Jade Helm Bastrop people. I just remembered there was that other guy early in the video too that thought the reporter was from the Feds also.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just cause you troll a bunch of black folks with your iPhone on "record " doesn't make you a reporter

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I didn't see any trolling. They were in a public place holding a rally.

I don't know anything about the guy's politics or if he had an agenda but based on http://connect.cleveland.com/user/bblackwell/posts.html and his Twitter he seems like a crime reporter. He seems like he actually reports for http://www.neohiomediagroup.com which seems like a legitimate reporting organization.

#9 robbie380, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  10. Remii

Remii Member

Black folks have always known that the government (or parts of the government) does crooked things. Black folks knew about the government's involvement in the drug trade years before Gary Webb released his book Dark Alliance.

Comparing the fears of black folks due to the history of unfair/unequal treatment in this country to those backwoods Bastrop folks who are suspicious of the military is foolish.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

A real reporter would record in landscape.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it would surprise anyone to learn that "Movement for Black Lives" would be a racist organization. Or rather, it shouldn't surprise anyone.

13. thumbs

Of course racism exists. And, yes, I have a problem with the exclusion of people based on the color of their skin. My parents explained that very candidly. They were prevented from living in my mother's apartment after they were married because, in 1940s North Texas, Hispanics were not allowed to live with white women. Interracial marriage was frowned upon. So, Mr. Remii, leave your racist stuff at the door. Thanks.

14. Remii

Remii Member

In the 1940's a black man could get lynched in certain parts of Texas for dating a white woman (black dudes still come up missing in certain parts of Texas who dated a white woman)... But the story of your parents not being able to live in a building is cute.

Black people should be able to meet together (just like any other group of people) without you bytch'n about it.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If this was a story about a "white group" meeting in public that stopped what they were doing because a black reporter was spotted in the crowd. They then made it a point to say that this was a "white people space, if you aren't white get to the back of the bus....I mean circle", I wonder how you'd respond to that.

Let's just call this what it is, a racist group being racist. It's not the end of the world.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Meh whatever, have more important things to worry about than the organization "blacklivesmatter" being racist or not. No doubt some of them are and some of them are not.

17. thumbs

Cute?!!!

You just proved yourself a self-righteous hypocrite. My parents had to move to San Antonio where they "lost" themselves in the Hispanic community. Now, if these black activists want to meet in private, no problem ... but don't meet in a public place where the free press is still free.

18. Remii

Remii Member

I wouldn't give a shyt bobby. I live in east texas (not in the city) and the KKK and other groups have meetings and gatherings all the time and black folks don't waste their time trying to attend.

Yes, in comparison it's cute... And hopefully the hispanic community didn't treat your parents (and you) badly. You seem upset that they had to stay with hispanics.

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

I liked how 15 minutes after they banished him from a public place they came up with some bull**** about trying to protect the kids (insert Mrs. Lovejoy meme) and acted like that was what they were telling him all along.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, it really wouldn't. White South Africans bent over backwards to protect their autonomy and European ancestry well into the mid '90s.