1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games will the Rockets win during the 2015-16 Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MojoMan, Oct 16, 2015.

?

How many Games will the Rockets win during the 2015-16 Season?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2015.
  1. 65 or more

14 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. 60-64

51 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. 55-59

79 vote(s)
    49.4%
  4. 50-54

11 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. 45-49

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 40-44

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 39 or less

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

How many games will the Rockets win this year?

Just for a reference, there are 82 games in the season. That means 41-41 is a .500 record.

Last year, the Rockets had 56 wins.

The best record last season was held by the Golden State Warriors, who finished with 67 wins.

The worst record last year was held by the Minnesota Timberwolves, who finished with 16 wins.

Here are the official final standings from last year:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/season/2015

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

I think 60 is an achievable goal.

At least as much as last year.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We will break the Rockets all-time record of 58.

And we should get well over 60. But for some reason, we continue to under-perform at home vs home records of other contenders. This has be a issue throughout franchise history; hence, why we haven't broken 60 wins, yet. However, our road record was outstanding last year, almost legendary (which would be anything season with >30 wins), until we slipped at the end.

I think we might have tied or broken our franchise record for road wins last year.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

60 games is possible for us but I expect to be around the same range as last year. 55-59.

5. Raven

Raven Member

I posted a similar thread just a few days ago. I think 55 is ballpark. It would be nice to see the Rockets finally have a 60 win season, but I'd rather have our stars rested for the playoffs.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=269358

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The Western Conference is going to be a bloodbath this year, with San Antonio and Golden State expected to be picked by pretty much everyone to finish ahead of the Rockets. The Grizzlies and the Clippers will also be tough to beat.

While the Rockets should be expected to contend at the upper echelons of the West for another run at a title this year, mix in a slump somewhere along the way, and maybe an injury or two, and my prediction is 58 games, two more than last year's actual win total.

And that will be pretty good if the Rockets can get it done.

7. bmd

bmd Member

This is the first time where I don't feel that there is a team better than the Rockets automatically.

What I mean by that is going through the schedule in years past, teams like the Warriors or Clippers or Cavs should beat us more than we beat them.

I don't feel that way this year. I don't think there is a team in the league that I feel the Rockets couldn't win the season series against.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

As our roster stands now, with decent health, about the same as last year.

With The 4 coming in later (fingaz crossed), 60 wins is possible.

I think we can all agree that the regular season win total is far less important than building on our playoff success and experience. Our role players gained a great deal of confidence and growth in the wins and losses during the post-season. Jet already had the appropriate mindset, along with Trev, Dwight (finals appearance) and CB. But now, we have more guys that have been "there" and don't have to depend on leadership from Jet and Trevor.

I'm hopeful that we stay healthy, get another easy first round opponent (Hi, Chandler) and have a rematch against the Warriors and, IMO, the dumbest contract in the NBA in Draymond Green.

I fully expect James to be in beastmode (a la Kobe) to show who the real MVP is and should have been last season.

If the Rox build on their approach to defense, they'll be even better. Some of the guys need to watch a tutorial of Trevor playing D both on and off of the ball, along with Brew's intensity and ability to force turnovers for easy buckets.

The only things that will hinder the Rockets' success is Dwight going down for an extended period of time or a continual lack of development from McHale. More than ever before, he has the talent to do some amazing things on the floor. If he resorts to his favorite, predictable schemes, or if James is put in a position where he has to do too much (despite having Pat, Ty, CB, MT, Jet and KJ), we will regress. Sure, he has a contract, but this is a make or break year for Kevin, too. He's had a few chances, but this is his best bet.

If he doesn't make the most of it, it's time to turn the page and hire a fresh perspective with a higher coaching IQ. Kev' was an absolute terror on the court as a player. I may be in the minority in my opinion, but that success has not transferred over onto the bench as a coach, in terms of offensive and defensive development. He's had a decent winning percentage here, which no one can dispute, but I can't help but wonder how James and Dwight would be playing with Thibs, Pops, Bud etc at the controls. Shoot, being near Alvin Gentry (people claim his approach is washed up...Nah, he made his own offense) gave me an even stronger appreciation for Xs/Os and in-game leadership.

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

53 or 54 wins is my prediction, with no teams in the western conference winning more than 60 games

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

While I disagree with the " 55 is ballpark " statement based upon having won 56 last year and seemingly having major upgrades at C and Pg and smaller upgrade at Pf and overall depth. I don't think its unreasonable but why you would you not assume a multiple game improvement? (not rhetorical)

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

50. We got worse and everybody got better. We're too worried about the future and not focused on the present

12. Space City

Space City Member

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think 61. I think this team is better and healthier. And a few teams got substantially worse

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

that makes absolutely no sense

15. heypartner

Weren't we the most injured team last year and we still won 56 games? And now we've added Ty Lawson, and DMo and TJ have another year under their belt. And we're seeing the emergence of Clint.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Because other WC teams also improved. A ballpark figure of 55 means (at least to me) that the Rockets will win between 53 and 57 games. That's a very safe assumption considering that it's already been made clear that the stars are going to get more rest this year.

17. bmd

bmd Member

Last year the Rockets won 56 games with so many injuries. And even the players who were playing were playing hurt like Beverley, Jones, and Dwight. Also, for the first 30 games of the year, they were playing with a very thin bench. Then add in the fact that they added in Corey Brewer and Josh Smith mid-season, which I'm sure took some getting used to.

There were so many things going against the Rockets last year, and they still won 56 games in a tough Western Conference.

If those things went their way, they could potentially have won 60 games last season.

Even though the West got better, so did the Rockets. And if you add in those things going in the Rockets' favor instead of against them this year, there is no reason why they can't win at least 56 games again, and potentially 60 games, even in this tough Western Conference.

18. heypartner

Don't confuse playoff seeding with W-L record.

Rockets have won 54 and 56 games in the last two years and you are saying 53 is a possibility because SAS got LMA, and Durant is likely back to full health. Did you factor in that we were the most injured WC playoff team last year, and Denver got vastly worse and SAS's acquisition means Portland will now suck, and Dallas did not improve and getting older and we have playoff experience against both LAC and GSW now and are ready to execute against them, better than last year.

19. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I'm going with 63 wins. This team is probably the deepest we've ever been. Yes the Western conf. is brutal but as of now, Warriors are the only legit threat. The Spurs will go through their injury slump even with Aldirdge, Clips have too many volatile players and chuckers, OKC will be improved but they're also thin at their bench, Mem. is too old. The emergence of Capela, consistent shooting of Thornton/Terry. The explosiveness of Brew/KJ, Bev.'s shot looks much better, Ariza will have a much more efficient yr with Lawson finding him for open corner looks that he excelled at in DC. Harden, Howard, Lawson are all 10p 10 at their positions with Dwight in top 5 and Harden top 1-2. Lets not forget D-mo & TJ if healthy are also more than capable of having big games. GS will not be as lucky as they were last yr. in regards to injury.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Damn iPhone 4 didn't mean to do 39 or less