1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#1 The Ohio State University At #2 Texas University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Next Game: tOSU(1-0) at UT(1-0)
    Time: 8:00/7:00 Central
    Venue: Daryl K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium
    National Media: ABC

This is it: two juggernauts ready to battle this Saturday. Number one ranked Ohio State travels down to Texas to meet with the Longhorns for a bit of revenge against last year's National Champions. It's going to be one hell of a game. I love my Buckeyes and pray that they win it, but this game is going to be tough. Texas will be bringing their A+ game and tOSU must bring theirs. Any tOSU viewing parties in Austin? What do you think the final score will be?

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Texas will destroy OSU. They have NO defense.

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Provided that Texas has an offense greater than OSU's...

I'm praying for a victory.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

are you an aggie or something?

5. francis 4 prez

while that NIU guy running for a huge 171 yards is good news, they'll know we're running on most plays, they'll be more jacked up than against NIU, and we'll probably be throwing a lot of safe, easy to cover passes. while i hope we open it up, i also don't want more than one TO and who knows what a freshman will do in this type of game. i don't see us scoring more than 21 offensive points, no matter how shaky tOSU looked. the question is whether we can stop them from scoring. they slowed down after a hot start but still looked real sharp for a while.

if we win this we could get the win streak up into some lofty territory.

6. Fatty FatBastard

It truly matters not. Texas Tech will end up taking Texas down this year, anyway.

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Rice just may take them down as well, I kid you not :p

8. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Have to admit, UT looked a lot more impressive than OSU in their respective openers. Granted, UNT didn't have a Garrett Wolfe on their team (285 yds all-purpose yards? That's freaking disgusting), but still...

If you stack UT's offense vs OSU's defense and vice versa...you have to give a slight edge to UT overall. Even OSU's special teams are much weaker than last year (Pretorious is no Huston/Nugent).

9. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

looks like he's an aggie...

10. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Am I? I am a bona fide Buckeye.

11. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then give the defending National Champions their due.

It's The University of Texas at Austin, not Texas University.

I've got my tickets. Section 27, baby.

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Same here Section 27, Row 2 right on the 25 yard line.
    I'll break Troy Smith's psyche and get into his head with all the trash talking my friends and I will do.

Texas has the edge because of their superior defense, kick blocking abilities, depth at the running back position, the best O Line in the nation that will not only create holes for Charles, Young and Melton, but also will protect McCoy.

Let us not forget the game is at night in Austin, the crowd will be insanely loud.

Texas wins another close one 28-20

13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Ooooh, I didn't mean to do that. Hopefully a Mod will correct it!

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I don't want top make a prediction and jinx my boys but I want to see my horns do well.

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

What's the obsession of OSU fans with that THE OSU stuff?

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Texas is going to expose Ohio for the ESPN frauds they are.

They gave up 300 yds of offense to just 1 player, who isn't the QB. Oh and they only mustered up 1 TD in the second half against a lackluster N. Ill. Defense.

What people/pundits overlook in they're "opinions" when picking The Pecans is 1) Colt has gone up against the best defense in College Football everyday in practice since spring. There is no package/blitz' that Sweater Vest can concoct that Chizik has not already thrown at him. 2) For the last 4 years the defense has parctised agaisnt the greatest mobile QB if college football history, and Troy Smith can't hold VY's jock strap in talent so he ain't gonna pull the same stunts he did againt the Domers.

....and 3) UT-Austin never looses in DKR @ night. ;)

17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Few reasons: one it's actually our school's name. The Ohio State Univeristy. Two it's to distinguish tOSU from Oregon State and Oklahoma State. Third, we've earned it.

PS - Ohio State is not an ESPN school, so do not expect Texas to expose anything.

18. francis 4 prez

you didn't know we were the University of Texas? really? after all the hype and everything that led up to the games last year and this year, that slipped through?

19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

No I knew you guys are UT. It was a complete brain fart when making the thread title. I probably just put Texas, then added University at the last moment. I know enough Longhorns to know better.

20. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I'll be rooting for the Big Ten. Last year's game was one of the best of the year, hopefully this game will be as good or better, whoever wins.