1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christina Applegate has breast cancer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SageHare6, Aug 3, 2008.

1. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

:( :( :(
    ...geez I hope she gets well soon.

[​IMG]
    LOS ANGELES - Actress Christina Applegate reportedly is undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

Ame Van Iden, publicist for the 36-year-old actress, released the following statement late Saturday:

"Christina Applegate was diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer. Benefiting from early detection through a doctor ordered MRI, the cancer is not life threatening. Christina is following the recommended treatment of her doctors and will have a full recovery."

Applegate has earned Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for her starring role in ABC's comedy "Samantha Who?" Applegate plays the title character, a young career woman who awakens from an eight-day coma remembering nothing about her past.

The series debuted last October and marked the return to television of Applegate, who helped establish the upstart Fox network in 1987 as ditzy teenager Kelly Bundy on "Married ... with Children." The raunchy comedy ran 11 seasons and has been airing in syndication ever since.

She won an Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2003 for her portrayal of Amy Green, the younger sister of Jennifer Aniston's character on "Friends."

Applegate earned a 2005 Tony Award nomination for her Broadway role in "Sweet Charity."

"I'm really grateful that acting is the job that was chosen for me," Applegate told The Associated Press in April. "I get really lost when I'm not working. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with myself. Thank God for dance class and The New York Times crossword puzzle and `American Idol.' But acting is what I really have to do."

Applegate is among the celebrities scheduled to appear on the "Stand Up To Cancer" one-hour television special to be aired on ABC, CBS and NBC on Sept. 5 to raise funds for cancer research.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080803/ap_on_en_tv/christina_applegate_cancer

theSAGE

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

3. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Best wishes for Christina.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

That's unfortunate. It's great they caught it so early though. Mammograms and self-exams are important, make sure wives/girlfriends take necessary precautions!

I wonder if it runs in her family.

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Thankfully they caught it early. My mom had it but they caught it early enough and she is cancer free now.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Breast wishes for a full recovery.

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So what happens? Do they sever the breast or go with kemo?

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I hope they don't lop those babies off.
    [​IMG]

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Fortunately the prognosis for this is much better than it used to be. She can have a mastectomy and then get breast implants if she feels a need to have breast.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I don't think they sever them if they catch it early enough.

11. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Hopefully they caught this in the early stages. Good luck Christina.

12. ucsd

ucsd Rookie

can I still suck them? :D

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Christina is still hot! and I liked her as an actress too.

14. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Who'd have thought Kelly Bundy would grow into such a well respected actress of stage and screen? My aunt is going through chemo now; best wishes to Miss Applegate.

15. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Loooooooossssssseeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Kz7YUdy-Cg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Kz7YUdy-Cg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Uh, the people of the planet of everything opposite of what I've seen and absorbed as real?

18. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Hope she recovers quickly. I wonder if this is related to her (supposedly heavy) smoking habit in the past.

19. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Useless without more pics.

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I saw her in this. It's a chick play, but she does an incredible job. I hope she makes it out okay.