1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by 123Rockets, May 12, 2012.

?

Would you take the chance at Drummond at a high Pick Position?

1. Yes, future Dwight.

130 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No, Kwame type bust.

82 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Imagine that the Rockets trade up to around the 5 pick in the draft. If Bradley Beal is taken and let's say.... David, Gilchrist, Robinson and Barnes are gone too.

Do you see the Rockets taking a chance on Drummond to develop and learn from Hakeem and McHale?

1 person likes this.
  2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That would be pick 6. We would take Sullinger or trade the pick.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think drummond is the player morey wants. Big men take longer to mature and he has all the physical tools plus was a very skilled player in highschool. The nba has more spacing alowing bigs to really shine, more so than at the college level. I'm sure had he went to Kentucky ppl might view him a little different on this message board.

1 person likes this.
  4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I recognize the bust potential but he has out of this world athleticism. He's not as good of a rebounder as he should be but he still blocks a lot of shots. I would have to take a chance on the guy.

I don't think we will get the chance though.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Drummond has not shown enough yet, so I don't think DM will sniff out a superstar from Drummond's stats.

My best guess is that Drummond will be a bust and may get a GM fired.

#5 No Worries, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  6. thething

thething Contributing Member

We gotta go for the high potential guys so i would definitely go for Drummond, who could end up being the best player from this draft. (or a bust)

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Lol your poll is rediculas! Either best Center in the league or one of the worst Centers ever...

I would take him, but that doesn't mean he is a future Dwight.

8. fattz

fattz Member

I think Cousins when I read about him.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know. Cousins had an attitude problem. Drummond is said to have a low fire, i.e., low passion for the game.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yup. Cousins may (have) be(en) immature, but he actually plays hard and wants to be great.

Drummond doesn't strike me as a guy the Rockets would trade up for.

I don't know if there is a guy in this year's draft other than Davis that the Rockets are as high on as they were on Rubio, Cousins and Valanciunas.

If I had to go with one guy I'd say Bradley Beal, but I'm not nearly as convinced about it as I was last year with Valanciunas.

11. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

I'd gamble on Drummond, maybe offer the #14 pick and a player the Kings value on our roster, or offer both our 14th and 16th pick. I don't like the idea of the latter, though, because I'd like to see us get Jeremy Lamb with the #16.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hate to put all my eggs in the UConn big-man basket, but you just don't find guys like that every day. He's basically a much more raw version of Demarcus Cousins, but with more quickness and athleticism. Less NBA ready, but with a higher upside. It all comes down to whether or not he has a 2-cent head, and how good our coaches are developing young talent. So far, i have to admit that on the latter point, I have serious doubts.

But i actually don't think Cousins is the #2 player in this draft. I truly believe that it's Bradley Beal.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why are the poll options always so extremely black&white? Dwight or Kwame, you kiddin me?

14. Mariachi ROCKET

Must Must get!!! WIndmills are McNasty!!! With Handles... and a cross over?!?!?!?!?!

"Are you kidding me????" (Clydes stupid A$$ Voice)

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Think Deandre Jordan.

16. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I know :confused: A lot of stuff would have to go wrong if he becomes the next Kwame Brown. The guy is pretty athletic for his height and size, and definitely has a lot of potential. I don't see anything wrong at all with us drafting him if he falls to 14 or 16.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Al Jefferson Jr.

18. daytripper

daytripper Member

Yes he's a high ceiling type prospect. The Rockets will eventually have to take a risk on this type player. High potential big men typically don't fall out of the top 10 in any draft.

99% certain he eventually ends up somewhere between Dwight and Kwame. Why use such extreme comparisons?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They did. Morris was a bust.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Nobody's a bust after one season. Especially the 14th pick