1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans re-sign S Brown to five-year contract

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=texanssignebrown&prov=st&type=lgns

March 17, 2003

HOUSTON (Ticker) - The Houston Texans re-signed strong safety Eric Brown to a five-year contract Monday.

Financial terms were not disclosed for Brown, who battled shoulder problems last season while making the NFL minimum.

Signed as a free agent last August, Brown started 15 games and tied for fifth on the expansion team with 67 tackles. He was second with two interceptions and added half a sack and one forced fumble.

2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

He's good against the run, but hopefully his pass coverage can improve. I am holding out hope that we can still upgrade further at the safety position.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i was pretty happy with EB at the strong safety position last year...agreed that we need help at free safety.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Of the safties to keep from last year, this is the one...

5. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Eric Brown was one of my favorites that I saw early in the season, and when I told anyone I knew about him, they didn't pay any attention to him. I went to the Texans/Jags game, and I said to my friends, 20 bucks says Eric Brown has a big defensive stop today.

"You're on" two of them said.

Sometime in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, Eric Brown, INT at the goal line.

I was 40 dollars richer that day.