1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

take legal action against bank?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheke64, Nov 17, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So my bank account got closed with money (couple grand) in it due to lack of direct deposit. Last activity was me depositing a new job check. It's been 1 monthx didnt receive anything and they gave me the run around which made me explode today." We don't have a manager here, other store manager doesn't pick up". I had already called and they said it was confidential, can't discuss over the phone. So I went to the other one and exploded. They only gave 100 check because my check was "fraudalent" so they "debited" the rest which only 100 was left. I told them I should be in jail then, "we'll not if you didn't know". My wife has direct deposit with my fraudulent money going there!!! They will call me tomorrow because fraudelent/loss is closed. How pissed would you be and what would you do?

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

fraudulent

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think anyone would be pissed off if they lost a couple grand. Which Bank was it? I remember my Parents got a notice saying their Chase accounts would be closed just because. They said the same thing "its confidential." I was able to take all the money out before they closed the accounts though. Don't know what would have happened if the account was closed with the money still in there.

Banks get away with murder. That's why I put my money in my mattress.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I heard a story similar to mine but they had a bitcoin issue with the bank, at least he knew, I don't know why besides it being a bad check supposedly . This was first convenience bank (gym account) inside walmart.

5. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Going out on a limb here, but does the FDIC play a role in this? Or is this different because it is the reasoning of the bank and the bank is not going bankrupt?:confused:

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm confused by what you are saying.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Story of my life.

8. body slam

body slam Member

what exactly was fraudulent? did your new job give you a bad check?

9. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

You're not the only one.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That seems to be the assumption and nobody bothered to notify me. They just penalized me 400 dollars on top of the 2 thousand dollar check.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What is the name of the bank?

13. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Chase, I would imagine.

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Minority? Its cool, so am I.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is a very odd story with a ton of missing information. As usual.

16. likestohypeguy

If it's actually $2k or more, in texas you already have legal cause to citizen's arrest the other store manager who doesn't pick up. If he resists, you cannot be held liable for defending yourself, unless he invokes stand your ground first. So call it early & often.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd like to give advice but I'm not understanding the opening post. First Convenience Bank isn't going to steal your money, so there is something else going on.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What does your company's bank account show? Was the amount of the check they wrote you debited from their account and into 1st CB's account or was it returned? If it was returned, ask them to reissue you the check and go open an account at a different bank.

1 person likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Appreciate the concern. Apparently there was a scam alert with people making fake checks , my check wasn't one of them. Sounds ****ed up, but I got my money back

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good info. But the idiots couldn't tell me where my money went, besides them saying I had fraudalent items. They didn't care to notify me at all, they just took matter into their own hands and penalized me with no answers.