1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Berger] Bosh says Houston pressure would've been too much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets88MT, Nov 18, 2014.

1. JazzLakerHater

I'm not sure why he would feel pressure. He's already a two time champion. All the pressure would be on Harden, Howard, and even McHale.

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Sounds like a bunch of BS....But i'm not sure what Bosh has to gain by spreading this BS. He clearly choose Miami because they showed him the money and he's happy living in Miami. Doubt pressure to win was the reason.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is so spot on that it should be plastered on Morey's desk, window, house, car doors or wherever his eyes cross. We do not have a back up 5 nor do we have a real starting 4. Both Tjones and Dmo are better as the back up which means one of them has to go. We barely squeeked by the thunder which had no durant and westbrook, we got spanked by the grizz and lost to the warriors. I hope Morey is not happy with just settling with this roster

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

After sitting in Houston traffic for several years I think most people would be willing to trade away an NBA title to get out of it. :)

(I jest)

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

In all fairness to Bosch, he did say midway through last season that he would prefer to stay in Miami on less money (because of the lifestyle) - but he hoped he wouldn't have to take a pay cut.
    Hard to turn down the money they did offer him. Could also be seen as an opportunity for him and Wade to show their metal without being 2nd fiddle to LeBron also.
    Would've loved to have seen Bosch here, but ce-la-ve. We'll do it without him!

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Do you guys think Moreys overzelous chase was unbecoming to Bosh? Did Morey not understand his client? Maybe, maybe no

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I know! I hate that the trade deadline already passed us by, and Morey just sat on his hands doing nothing! Oh wait.....

8. New Generation

This. Everyone in this thread is sounding exactly like Lakers fans, except most accepting of loss.

9. lalala902102001

LOL what a loser mentality.

saleem likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is one of those times when a player would have been better served simply not saying anything. We would be a better team had Bosh landed in Houston, but he didn't. His comments here are extremely lame. If he were being honest, he'd be saying, "They showed me the money!" However, Bosh's agent certainly would advise against that. I'm guessing that his agent is wishing Bosh had kept these nuggets to himself. He's still getting his percentage, though, so if Bosh wants to unnecessarily make himself look like a chump, which he does here, his agent will live, and Bosh will keep enjoying that money.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Harden had to guard Randolph on several possessions where we had to go small to keep the poo poo platter of Dmo & Tarick Black off the floor. It allowed Memphis more rebounds than they should have had, and gave them the ability to control the paint better with two bigs since their 2nd big didn't have to guard a shooter(sorry Ariza/Papa). It's possible they would have still lost, but not having a starting NBA level PF on the roster and facing the frontline of Marc Gasol and Zac Randolph IS a big deal and Bosh would have helped.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0210911-t6a54fl2yjhtnlh4sipb2f6tuq-story.html

Winderman: As Chris Bosh answers Hall call, the three moments that could have changed it all for Heat, Bosh, Riley | Commentary

[....]

2014 NBA free agency

In the wake of James opting to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers after four Big Three runs to the Finals with the Heat, Bosh received a four-year, $88 million offer from the Rockets in 2014 free agency. Riley then was given mere hours to come up with even more, eventually extending a five-year, $118 million deal.

At the time, the Rockets thought they had a done deal, ready to contend in the Western Conference with a core of James Harden, Dwight Howard and Bosh.
    “If I would have been on that team, I would have been pretty confident that we could have been successful,” Bosh said. “I was having conversations with James and with Dwight.”

Had those Rockets conversations turned into reality, Riley said the impact on the Heat would have been significant.

“If Chris had left, we would have maxed out Dwyane, still brought in Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts and those players had sort of committed to us,” Riley said. “We would have started over, saved it for another year.”

Instead, Wade was offered something less, which factored into his 2018 departure to the Bulls, with Riley trying to build around Bosh with the 2015 acquisition of Goran Dragic.

In retrospect, of course, there was an even more significant component in the what-might-have-been equation. Seven months later after bypassing the Rockets’ overtures, Bosh was diagnosed with blood clots, a condition that recurred a year later.

That ultimately led to the end of Bosh’s career, with the Heat refusing to allow the basketball risks of the life-threatening condition, a contentious battle between the team and Bosh ensuing. With the Rockets, there might have been an alternate diagnosis, with Bosh, in fact, having secured independent medical opinion to continue playing — perhaps even to this day.

“It was close. It was very, very, very close,” Bosh, 37, said this past week of that potential jump to the Rockets. “I was so close I didn’t want to make that decision, but sometimes business is business. It was an interesting time, to say the least.”

Bosh paused, took a breath, and then acknowledged the gravity of that particular what-if moment.

“I’m glad,” he said, “it didn’t play out that way, that I was in a situation where they [the Rockets] would have said, ‘Oh well, you can play.’ Because you know what I’m going to do, I’m going to play.

“Then I probably wouldn’t be here.”

Riley said he believes the Rockets ultimately would have come to the same sobering medical decision as the Heat.

“I think Houston would have acted responsibly, the same way we did,” Riley said.

With that, Riley prepared for leave for Springfield, to be at Bosh’s side as a presenter for Saturday’s induction, to celebrate a career with intriguing twists that ultimately led to the Hall of Fame.

“Because none of that happened,” Riley said. “It all turned out to be four of the greatest years that I had in my career.”

DreamShook and amaru like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Bosh had come here and didn’t have the blood clot issue, my goodness

Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Bosh
    Dwight

stacked roster

htownrox1, sTeKcOr22, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bosh was the missing piece back then. ;)

Pressure to his health I guess.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

did marley ever get his ipad back?

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Crazy that he's still only 37. Could still be playing today, and since his game isn't reliant on athleticism, he could be extremely effective.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow, he’s suggesting Keith Jones would have killed him. :D

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Did Skip Bayless call him Bosh Spice or something to his face... I know he has a lot of money but maaaaan....

AXG likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I disagree to Pat Riley, I don't think the Rockets act responsibly.

Keith Jones is still here, all the record breaking 32 players in 1 season, injuries piling up. When is Keith going to be let go.

His extremely bad record of players getting injured over the years, I am worried about the younger players not getting the right treatment, rehab, proper stretching.

hakeem94 and Imanimal like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Think that's pretty unfair. Wasn't he picked for the olympic squad? I doubt that's a coincidence. Seems to be respected around the league.

Probably more of a coincidence that Houston sports just has crappy luck and as soon as we have something good, someone gets hurt or has like 60 lawsuits against him.

Like it's really not his fault if someone turns their leg the wrong way. I think fans blame Keith when it's really the team that puts out these vague reports that cause confusion about whats going on.