1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 BIG XII Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by astros99, Aug 1, 2011.

1. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

With college football around the corner thought I'd start a thread on the big 12 the upcoming season. What are yalls thoughts? I think OU will probably win it easily with all the other teams beating down on each other. Any upsets/surprise contenders?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

TAMU has an easy road, I know Phil Steele predicted a BCS game for them. Their offense is going to be solid, I think Tannehill is overrated, but so is every other Big 12 QB this year. If their defense is 90% of what it was last year they might be able to come out of the conference.

But the Big 12 is boring now that Nebraska, Colorado and UT have checked out so who cares. Can't wait until this thing dissolves.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Hoping BU can find it's 2nd bowl game in as many years.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Love OSU's new uniforms.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Big XII?? Enjoy it while it lasts!

3rd game of the season between A&M and OSU will decide who will challenge OU ... Expect OU to win since they will play A&M in Norman

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I definitely see OU easily winning the conference this year. In regards to A&M, they will have the curse of the senior QB with Tannehill, and I don't see their season panning out as well as they'd probably hope. I think that it'll be OU, OSU, and A&M as 1,2,3. I also do not see Texas rebounding from last year. I think maybe 7-5 or 8-4 because Garrett Gilbert will still struggle this year IMO. He has great potential, but he just cannot live up to the expectations it seems.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Just checked those out. I do too. They have all the different possible combinations like Oregon, but a lot more of them look really good.

8. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

I def agree with this assessment. I don't think Tannehill is as good as he's made out to be. He came in the middle of the year when he was relatively unknown. Alot of his stats are from that big game vs tx tech, who has a horrible horrible pass defense. Game vs Nebraska wasn't that great, and honestly, nebraska could have won that one. OU is in norman next year, not a chance. There defense should still be solid, but not as good, as they're losing von/hodges. Add the senior QB curse, I don't see them going to a BCS bowl at all. OU, OSU, A&M for 1,2,3 sounds about right but with A&Ms schedule, I can see mizzou getting #3 as well, but that depends on james franklin alot. As for UT, 7-5 or 8-4 sounds really reasonable. You don't just turn around from a 5 win season and win 10 games..but its UT so it could happen..Ut probably loses for sure vs OU/OSU and then between mizzou/aTm/ucla i can see them losing 2/3. Call me crazy, but I think theres a slim chance SMU can upset aTm on the season opener, but probably not, especially b/c its in kyle field.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

SMU isn't beating a top 15 team this year. :rolleyes:

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

any chance we can just enjoy the season or will this be a part of it the entire time? cause if it's the latter, i'll know to avoid this thread.

11. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I feel like the Big XII is heavily overrated in the PreSeason Coaches Poll.

I feel that A&M should be from 12-15 and OK St should be right below them and do not believe that UT should be ranked. I do have Oklahoma as the #1 team (should be a great game against Florida St)

12. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I don't know... A&M always seems to lay an egg somewhere during the season. They got lucky as hell to beat FIU last year (down 20-6 going into the 4th quarter), but I don't see SMU beating them either.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Screw those guys.

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I have to admit I'm confident about my Sooners' chances of taking the Big XII, but I'm fairly certain that doesn't really amount to sh-t this year.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Early season jitters. They have a lot of players returning. They beat UT, OU, Nebraska and would have beat OSU if Johnson didn't give it away. Sherman has it together. TAMU deserves their spot. Can they beat an LSU or Alabama? Probably not.

15. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Bama will pounce OU in the national Championship game.

Roll Tide!

16. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Top 25 Poll: HABS vs. USA Today

What do y'all think? OU, OSU & A&M look to be the three "top dogs" this year in the Big XII. Also, Missouri got some love as well as TTU. Thoughts?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texas Tech unveils new uniforms for 2011 season

[​IMG]

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

OU is the favorite, but I think OSU has a definite shot. How did Bedlam end up in Stillwater for 2 years in a row?

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I've adopted KU as my Big 12 team.

Beak 'em!

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

this is hilarious.