1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apartment advice for Houston newcomer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheez7, Aug 23, 2015.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If you find something that meets your wish list, I do hope it's in a good area. Covered parking alone will usually bump up the price in Houston about $100 per month.

Keep in mind that in this city, anything outside of 10 blocks can put you outside your 20-30 minute radius (depending on the time of day you're driving to work, of course).

What would be the difference?

I know someone who lives in that area. Lost his phone. That same night some dudes were knocking on his door, calling him by (his very foreign-to-us, Middle Eastern) name, like they were buddies. He knows no one personally in that area, so they either got his name off his found phone or...well, there are other ways, too; which makes his opening the door all the more inexplicable (overly-trusting foreigner, I suppose). He gets pistol-whipped and robbed. Lucky to be alive.

Unfortunately, that's par for the course across the city, so, OP, do your homework, do your homework, do your homework.

#21 ROXTXIA, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yesterday, left my pregnant wife to go bring the car at the front. In those 5 minutes, a 6'5 300 lbs approached her trying to sell her perfume from what looks like test tube vials. Get a ****ing real job. Second, some nasty ass ratchet trash passed by my wife and cleared her flem throat and coughed near her face. Never covered her mouth or said excuse me.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Is this an example of chaos theory?

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You live in gunspoint?

[​IMG]