1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update on Yao...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justcallmejoe, Jan 29, 2006.

1. justcallmejoe

justcallmejoe Contributing Member

Don't know if anyone mentioned yet... Yao will play against Memphis on Mon night, Jan 30...

2. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Are you sure ? If so, good news. Source, please.

3. mokulen

mokulen Contributing Member

They just mentioned it on the pregame show on the radio. They were talking to asst coach Tom Thibodeaux on the "coaches corner" segment.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Seems like justcallmejoe might have some inside connection with the club. He confirmed (though at that point it was pretty much confirmed already from the media) Yao missing a game with the flu: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=1655285#post1655285

And also first mentioned that Falsone got fired from the Rockets for striking a ballboy which other "insiders" backed up: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=1877174#post1877174

If Yao does come back tomorrow night then I guess it's safe to put justcallmejoe on the "insiders" list.

5. fa7999

fa7999 Member

That's great news assuming that Yao is close to be in game shape right now.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They said Wednesday on ABC a little while ago.

7. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

Finally, a game I can enjoy to the full scale.

8. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, it was disclosed on Houston Chronicle that Yao Ming will travel with the team to Memphis for the Monday game.

But whether he will play is STILL UNCERTAIN.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

justcallmejoe is an insider, so take his word for what it's worth...

10. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Take an insider at their word, eh? <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=2094564#post2094564">Sounds familiar</a>.

Speaking for myself, I like my insider info with extra salt.

11. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

um ok? he didn't say anything that didn't happen. He told us what was happening behind the scenes. Not everything discussed goes down. If you were here before may of 05, you'd know he's been right before (I'm talking about doc rocket).

There's no reason for justcallingmoe to be lying, and he's been right a couple times before, as mcable has pointed out. If he's right, all I'm going to do is laugh at you and your silly post right here.

12. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

I'm sure he's been wrong before, too, as have other insiders.

I simply prefer not to get especially excited one way or another about supposed inside information until it is either borne out or ruled out by what actually happens.

As for laughing at my post... won't be the first time, won't be the last. Laugh as much as you like, if you feel the need.

*Edited to add: considering the post I linked to talked about shopping David Wesley and Stromile Swift, and both are still on the team, I think I can be excused for looking at that particular bit of inside info with a jaundiced eye (or even a pink one).

13. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Seems like in past years Rockets and other teams have done verything they can to get a player back on the court asap. But the Rockets this year seem to drag their every lovin' arses on every single player return.... :mad:

Just my frustration but Yao was probably ready to play today!!!

14. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

yea i figure they wouldnt bring him back against Shaq cause if Shaq landed on that toe its game over.
    That carbon fiber toe cap thye put on his shoe aint going to protect crap.
    Shoulda made him a steel toe hi top.

15. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Except Doc Rocket's post simply said they were "shopping" Wesley and Swift. He never said that a deal was already underway. It's perfectly feasible they just weren't able to swing a reasonable deal with either of them.

I'll concede that a number of self-proclaimed "insiders" get their information by overhearing things, or hearing things from friends of friends. However, Doc Rocket's information is about as reliable as it can get. The times he's explicitly stated something is going to happen, it has. For example, he definitively called the McGrady trade a couple weeks before the media even got wind of it, and gave updates on its status along the way.

#15 Kyrodis, Jan 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  16. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

This is completely false. I spoke with my source, George Ming, who is Yao's Dad, who informed me that Yao won't be playing until he finishes his homework and at least gets an A- on his next Algebra test.

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Props, justcallmejoe, you were right once again, thanks for giving us the heads up on his return before anyone else got it.

Just another reason as to why this is the greatest site on the net...

18. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

True!! U da Man!!

19. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

NO GUYS NO you have have to take this with a grain of salt!!!!

;)

20. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Update on Yao: He is terrible!