1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor University Sexual Assault Scandal Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Jun 13, 2016.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No, we shouldn't just look away. That's why a lot of people were fired with millions paid out while losing a number of prized recruits. Baylor took action. It won't be enough for everyone.

#161 sammy, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Nook

Nook Member

What bothers me "so much" is Baylor being okay with their football players raping and assaulting young women.

3. Buck Turgidson

If they didn't do it to Penn St they won't do it to Baylor, unless there are grounds for federal lawsuits against the institution via Title IX and whatnot.

Yeah, that's the thing though, Coach Strong doesn't tolerate sh!tbags, he belonged at Baylor.

Like ****ing hell. They did nothing until they were forced to. Stop being such a fanboy and think like a decent human being.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Should that action have included maybe following up on the sexual assault investigation of Hammad and not going into the season with Rami Hammad as the nominal starter until he was charged with another felony?

*Signs point to yes.*

Baylor is an outright fraud at this point. Yeah, it's not enough for everyone - in the above case, it's not enough for anyone.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is calling Baylor a dumpster fire being too kind?

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It depends how you define "Dumpster Fire." I personally think they got off pretty light. Allowing kids that do not want to play for you is not a punishment. It's just a matter of decency. They fired their head coach which is a huge deal but they kept the whole staff which won't rock the boat in a serious way relative to typical NCAA penalties.

Keep in mind that a coach paying the electric bill for a poor football player's mother can result in these program penalties (none of which Baylor faced). Now these are the penalties given to USC because OJ Mayo and Reggie Bush accepted gifts from sports Agents:

-The football team was forced to vacate the final two wins of its 2004 national championship season, as well as all of its wins in 2005.
    -It was also banned from bowl games in both 2010 and 2011
    -It was docked 30 scholarships over three years.
    -The basketball team gave up all of its wins from the 2007-08 season and sat out postseason play in 2010.

Reggie Bush probably generated millions in value to USC in what he brought with wins and excitement for the team which manifests itself in merch sales and ad buys. He accepted $100,000 in gifts which is fair compensation relative to his value.

The issues with Baylor were criminal in nature and not compliance so the NCAA really has no power. I feel ok with what Baylor did as a result. The most important thing is making changes so no woman is ever turned away again. But no one should play any violins for the losses of their football program.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.wsj.com/articles/baylor-...exual-assaults-by-football-players-1477681988

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe they should fire the regents and bring briles back. That will make the boosters happy, and they are they are the ones paying for the university.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Note - there is never an acceptable level of rape, but for God's sake, 4 gang rapes?

Can't believe I still have capacity to be even more sickened by this scandal...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Drayton McLane Stadium is a very fitting name, on a vastly less serious scale he raped the baseball fans of Houston.

Sadly, just like Penn State, there will be no meaningful penalties.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Is this worth watching?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, I don't know?

Basically a he-said-she-said between former Title IX Patty Crawford & Reagan Ramsower & few comments from 4 regents.

#174 J.R., Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

DP

#175 J.R., Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

TP

#176 J.R., Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://deadspin.com/new-report-details-how-baylor-suppressed-reports-of-sex-1788471921

19. Buck Turgidson

Are you really going to KEEP saying that?

How can you, and look yourself in the mirror?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Come again?

Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know. Ha, I don't know.