1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 1/17/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

5 assists / 1 turnover

Rockets could use more of that

2. hakeemthagreat

JB needs to stop micro managing Ty and play him. I like JT and he'll be needed in the postseason. But right now Ty needs to be playing ALL of JT's minutes win or lose. Why? Because he is our pg. We can find another dimension is our offense if we can incorporate Ty.

3. eslate22

eslate22 Member

I'm one of the biggest JET supporters I know... and I couldn't agree more with this!

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good win, really fun game to watch. Really nice to see us put away a lesser team before the 4th Q.

Really nice games by our star players H&H

Really nice games from our young bigs, Capela and Harrell.

Harrell with a nice rebounding game for him, 8 boards in 25 minutes. I hope he can keep it up and bring that type of rebounding and finishing to help put away a Jordan and Griffin-less Clippers squad.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I loved watching Harrell play D and set those picks. We need more of that, badly. He should eat into Jones' minutes.

6. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

Take. Not eat into.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

agree - granted it was the Lakers he still played a lot better

excluding KJ who only played 5 garbage time minutes Jones was the ONLY rockets player last night who had a negative plus/minus.

And Jones was a -12!!!!

A game that the Rockets won in a blowout Jones was a -12!! I mean even KJ was a -2 and that was the last 5 minutes of the game which was essentially pickup.

The worst part is Jones isn't a complete scrub the guy just has so little between the ears and his motor sputters at best. Seriously Julius Randle is the guy who we all though Jones could be (though Randle isn't as good of a shooter or ball handler but is significantly better at his effort, rebounding and especially finishing in traffic)

Harrell played a few more minutes tonight compared to Jones and I hope thats the case going forward. Harrell just needs to be monitored because he is apt for silly fouls and getting winded by being not used to the NBA game speeds.

Once DMO is back I would like to see Harrell still see minutes and Jones less. I mean the one to two good games every 3 weeks is just getting old and bad now. As a rookie it was fine but this complete lack of consistency now in his 4th year just tells me thats probably the best he'll ever be. He'll always have a spot in the NBA he has a lot of talent but he'll always be a bench talent - the problem is he believes he is starter material. (honestly he probably could be if he was consistent with his effort on both ends)

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very nice post, The_Yoyo, and I agree with you. :)-

9. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

i was in Section 302 talking smack to all my buddies all night long. Had a Black / Neon Rockets snapback.

We bet on everything from who won the winning tip, to who was up at half time, to final buzzer. I won all my bets :grin::grin::grin:

It was hilarious - everytime Ryan Kelly did something the entire stadium groaned. There was a dude in our section that shouted "CUT HIM" to about 5 different laker players everybody was cracking up. Fun game (for a Rockets fan).

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

How was Terrence mini Dwight Jones?

11. arjun

arjun Member

It's weird, when Ty has the ball....I just have this confidence that he will make the right play.

He has his bad passes here and there...but for the most part, he makes **** happen.

Now if only we can get some chemistry going and start getting ball movement created by his penetration (not just catch and shoot). I think that's the best way to get James involved, have him involved in some weakside action while Ty is in a PnR.