1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

0-3 and on the edge of a steep cliff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Nov 1, 2015.

1. basketballholic

I've posted several trades there and mentioned players that I think are on the Rockets hit list, one of the Chicago bigs, Nene, Hibbert (in a pinch), etc.

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Well....guess I don't see the point of this thread then. "We need these types of players. Sift through pages and pages of this other super-cluttered thread to actually see the players that are these types."

But Merry Christmas anyway!!

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Has a team ever started 16-15 and went on to win the 'chip?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You started posting names several years ago and and your success rate is about 5 percent at best.

;)

5. basketballholic

That's pretty good. If you saw the names on Morey's list you'd call his success rate 1%. Keep # trolling baby.

6. malakas

malakas Member

The one who trolls is the one who pretends that he knows what was on Morey's list.

Anyway those models suck. All summer I heard "Boston will be a 50+ win team" and be the second seed and atlanta will barely make the playoffs. LMAO.

7. basketballholic

33-33 with 16 games left.
    Have to go 12-4 just to hit 45 wins. (Won't happen.)
    5th seed is now out of reach and 6th seed not looking good.
    If we can get 6th seed we're facing the Thunder or Clippers. That means 2 playoff wins at best.
    If we stay at 7th or 8th we may get 1 playoff victory.

Two games from the lottery.

Even the worst politicians know when to get out of the race. But not this team. Because our owner somehow thinks there's something to gain here by marching so courageously into the wood chipper. I have no idea what.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster. There is absolutely no reason to even go to the playoffs. We need our pick back and a minuscule shot at a top 3 pick. A lottery ticket would at least give us something to look forward to after all this utter misery. Getting our heads handed to us and losing our first rounder in the process by going to the playoffs will be like pouring salt in each of 45-48 self-inflicted stab wounds. But that's where we're headed folks. More sheer misery....that this team, it's owner, GM, and superstar players all brought on themselves.

#147 basketballholic, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That 3-2 road trip put some serious distance between us and Utah. I'm not so sure we can fall to lottery very easily. So, I'm no longer considering lottery a possibility.

Let me explain:

If you look at Road Wins v Home Losses, which is a very good indicator for seeds (and for this year it is exactly accurate, right now), we are tied for 6th. We have a clear lead on Dallas, and Utah is not really that close to us.

We have a 2 game lead on them in Road Wins v Home Losses. If we maintain that 2 game lead on RW v HL to the end of the year, it means we beat them by 4 games in the W-L column. So, Dallas has an uphill climb, despite being tied right now in W-Ls.

9. alethios

alethios Member

At this pace, we may end up 7th and playing Spurs in the 1st round.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Rw/ hl was awful for us a few weks back iirc?

I checked it and almost started the thread, but was too depressed. Tbh surprised we are 6th now...

6th seed and Clippers is a dream scenario.

11. Pete the Cheat

you are the Shawn Kemp of illegitimate draft babies. a truly...unique...fascination you have there...

I would rather watch basketball than ping pong balls personally...but I guess that makes me normal?

12. basketballholic

I'll watch plenty of basketball. That's normal. But neither you nor I will be watching our team (that is if you're a Rockets fan) doing much besides getting their head handed to them in the playoffs. And I've already seen enough of that. You may be normal. But you are a glutton for punishment in this scenario. This team isn't going anywhere.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

hahahahahahahahahah

Good times

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOVE IT. What a quaint thread . . . We were Rockets fans once, and young.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Five Thirty Eight just lost all credibility in my mind. sure hope nobody's betting on the presidential election. :rolleyes:

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

They based their predictions mainly on last season's performance at that point. There literally was no predicting that we would be this awful on a sustained basis. This is why every sports outlet is rightfully calling us the most disappointing team in the league.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Well...um...Yes

18. freckleslol

freckleslol Member

I agree with most of this post. It's quite conflicting though -- as a fan, I want the team to be there in April. Because irrational or not, I believe there's a chance Kawhi twists an ankle, or Westbrook goes down again, and suddenly we're in the second round. From there, who knows what can happen? I certainly didn't expect us to get to the WCF last year.

And then the realist in me says we'd likely lose in the first round, and the healthiest situation for the franchise is to go in the lottery and load up for next year.

But I'm reluctant to actively root for the Jazz or the Mavs to take our spot. So I'll keep rooting for the guys to make it into the playoffs, and if we do make it then I'll cheer for them to do well. And if we drop out, then I'll breathe a sigh of relief and wait for Morey to work his magic for next year.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets get to 5th or 6th seed, then I give them a fighting chance to make it to the next round. This team has struggled, granted, but it also has not had a chance to gel either.

Rockets have 3 guys who have ability to score 30 plus each game (Harden, Beasley, Goudelock) and 3 other guys who cannot be underestimated on any given night (Howard, Ariza, Smith). Rocket role players are just starting to get healthy/get playing time (D-Mo, TJ, KJ). Role players and D focus will be the key. Role players just need to find their niche, especially on defense.

This is the same team, for all intents and purposes, that went all the way to the WCF. There are still some surprises left in this team, may not go all the way, but I'm here rooting for them every second. Just like every year.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Problem is that we don't play any defence. Over a 7 game series the players will start to make the adjustments themselves - but JBB puts us behind the 8-ball straight off the bat. Might be a blessing in disguise to have 2 away games to start? If we get Spurs or Warriors, forget it. Otherwise we are a tiny chance to eke out a road victory, then make the adjustments and roll from there.