1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/17/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

How was Nick Young and Lou Williams, who are two of our trade targets, last night?

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's the thing though, Lawson isn't a first year guy, if he doesn't start playing and doing whatever he wants with the limited minutes he has left he'll be playing even less. I don't think Lawson needs his hand held to the hoop, it's not like our coaching is that great and it certainly wasn't good in Denver towards the end there. Obviously a better system would help, but that's not happening this season, so if I were him and not playing with harden on the court I'd do whatever it takes to be productive, because soon it's not going to matter (soon probably permanently benched). I don't think it's all on Lawson but if he could even make 12ppg with some assists he'd be more valuable than that ****ty 117 minutes stat line over last 7 games.... I'm not disagreeing though if Lawson doesn't get implemented to some degree... harden will be worn down by playoffs and with no 2nd option in the works Houston will be done early. So I mean I wish the Rockets would get it together too...

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

On the psychological front, whats happened to Lawson is what has happened to most of the team. Lawson thought he was joining an elite team on the cusp of a championship. The rest of the team thought this is well. As early as three games into the season, doubt crept in. And by 11 games, is was prevalent to the point of undermining some of the players confidence.

Its sort of the chicken and the egg in that poor play could be blamed for our underwhelming record. But our record, IMO, also has contributed to our poor play in the form of blown expectations, lost confidence, and coaching disarray.

Lawson, being the new guy as well as having some personal issues, was more susceptible to the current atmosphere. The guys left over from last year at least carry the memory of winning and playing well together. Lawson does not.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. As soon as he was benched I knew that there was no chance he'd be himself on this team.

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Bev has had enough of hardens ****. There was a game I was watching when harden walked up to Bev and put his hand on his chest to tell him something, Bev literally shoved hardens hand off him and kept walking away. I think harden lost the team