1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Poll.....would you include K-Mart in a trade for MELO ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Sep 23, 2010.

Tags:
?

Include K-Mart for Carmelo ??

1. YES

105 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. NO

159 vote(s)
    60.2%
  1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The title says it all.........I say YES, ABSOLUTELY you include an injury prone terrible defensive player in K-Mart for a top 5 talent. :confused:

2. Longhorn Rocket

Longhorn Rocket New Member

If we only lost him, jeffries, hill and/or draft picks, yah i wouldn't mind.
    I just don't want to lose two of our better players.

3. joesr

joesr Member

I said no but if it only involved one of the draft picks then yeah

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Only for Martin, Jeffries and a pick.

5. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

It's not very simply though. Of course you'd include Martin depending on the package. I still chose no though, because I think Brooks is better to package. I like Brooks, but Martin is better.

6. mi0304

mi0304 Member

What's difference between this poll and "Who do you want to trade for melo. Brooks or Martin" poll?

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This has nothing to do with brooks. This is a poll in regards to if the nuggets were only interested in Martin.

8. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Martin and Melo are both scorers. In terms of who I think can help us more, I'd say Melo because he's more athletic and can do more things while in a 1-on-1 situation.

9. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Melo, would be nice, But Martin is good for this team. Hardwork is much more appreciated than trying to get rich quick. Did Barkley bring us a championship? Pippen? Tracy? All allstars. The group that won it all was the hardworking underdogs.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

You mean the group with Hakeem Olajuwon, one of the best players in the league at the time?

11. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yeah, that guy. The Dream.

He wasn't traded here, he played college here and started his career here. Fought though the good times and bad, hard work. I mean that the all stars that are recruited to come and save the day,(Pippen, Barkley, Tracy) don't quite meet expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I won't mind a trade of Melo and Martin, but I like the hardwork attitude
    this team has.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Hey did Clyde Drexler bring us a championship?

13. GoRoc

GoRoc Member

yes, yes, yes.
    i love the idea of playing with that line-up: Yao, Scola, Melo, Lee, Brooks.
    but I would rather just keep him and give the nuggets chase, hill, etc.

14. Aleron

I just find some of the negativity absurd, this team has traded for 4 all stars in the past 20 years.

Drexler, Barkley Pippen and Mcgrady.

In all but 3 cases the team improved.

Without Drexler, Hakeem's transcendent performance against Robinson wouldn't have even happened (in a way i feel sorry for Portland, their greatest franchise player will forever consider himself a Rocket rather than a Blazer).

Barkley was brought in to get us past Seattle and he pretty much willed us by Seattle.

Pippen was a disturbance, and we were definitely on the bad end of that deal.

With McGrady, we improved markedly (Francis? lol), but a combination of a lack of support and injuries cut that short.

3 of them were worth it, one wasn't, and one brought a title.

So if we're using the "what happened in the past", it would show a 25% chance of a title and a 75% chance of improvement.

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yes and I know Martin is a good player but you just cant turn down Melo if you have the chance to get him. I really dont see why anyone would say no maybe because they dont like Melo off the court but on the court its a no brainer. Melo is a great scorer and I think he will have the chance to become and even better scorer under RA. His D isnt up at a high level but its getting better year by year and hes not a bad rebounder.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wouldn't trade any of the big four (Brooks, Martin, Scola, Yao) for Melo.

17. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

You people are crazy, Martin is the Pure two guard that everyone was crying for when ariza was here. Now yall want to trade him away. This guy is one of the best and most underrated players in the league.

18. Aleron

While i put no, for that reason, if we had to i would, i can't really see what denver would want out of it though, they need to go young and probably bad, and strike a cpl high lottery picks for themselves, while taking as much young talent as they can get for Melo, and then players like Chauncey.

19. rocketman4325

rocketman4325 Member

I agree

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would keep Martin over getting Melo.

Martin is more efficient a better team player, and a guy who has much higher character.

You get roughly the same production out of Kmart as you do from Melo at half the price and less than 10% of the drama.

DD