1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How could they ever select this woman?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Sep 14, 2008.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House:

-- second in line to succeed to the Presidency

-- presides over a body with dismal approval ratings

-- championed controversial John (Abscam, Pork Belly) Murtha to be her second-in-command and lost that one on a secret ballot

Is this the best the Democrats can do? :D

2. bucket

bucket Member

Yeah, I'm pretty liberal, and I wouldn't be too sad to see her go.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Nancy Pelosi would not have been my first choice but....

You may not agree with her politics, but you cannot deny that Nancy Pelosi's experience is light years ahead of the bulldog hockey mom with lipstick that believes being able to see Russia from her home gives her foreign policy experience, believes dinosaurs were on earth 5000 years ago and doesn't believe in abortions even in the case of rape or incest.

:D :D

#4 mc mark, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  5. Invisible Fan

Assuming she isn't laughed out of Washington in the next 2 months, Palin could very well be a party leader in another 4 years.

Country first, my friends!

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

LOOK OVER HERE, LOOK OVER HERE, I'M TRYING TO DISTRACT YOU.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Ex-Sen. Chafee affirms view of Palin as ‘wacky’

Updated: 09/12/08 6:49 AM

PROVIDENCE, R. I. (AP) — Former Rhode Island Republican Sen. Lincoln D. Chafee has called Sarah Palin a “cocky wacko” and said her selection as John McCain’s running mate has energized supporters of Democrat Barack Obama.

Chafee left the Republican Party last year after losing his bid for re-election and now supports Obama. He told an audience Tuesday at the New America Foundation in Washington that the Alaska governor has revived a “lackluster McCain candidacy.”

“They’ve just thrown this firestorm, this tornado, into the whole presidential election,” Chafee said in response to an audience member’s question about whether the Obama campaign should worry about Palin’s presence in the race.

He said her speech at the Republican National Convention had the unintended effect of energizing Democrats and Obama supporters.

“People were coming into my office, phone calls were flooding in, e-mails were coming in, ‘I just sent money to Obama, I couldn’t sleep last night’ — from the left. To see this cocky wacko up there,” Chafee said to laughter.

Chafee said in an interview Thursday that he found much of Palin’s convention speech objectionable, particularly her “mocking” assertion that Obama was overly concerned with al-Qaida terrorists getting read their rights.

That comment “got to the core of everything wrong with the last eight years,” he said.

“I consider that wacky, and certainly her tone was very, very cocky,” said Chafee, a visiting fellow at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies. “So I thought they were appropriate words.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/nationalworld/national/story/437086.html

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i remember that national election when we all voted for pelosi to become speaker... what a glorious day!

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

As a independent thinking libpig, I'd just just like to add that I find Peolosi pretty infuriating...too.

11. rocket3forlife2

I'm not a fan of hers or palin.

12. giddyup

Is that the best you can do? :D

Seriously, how could the Dems do that to America?

Was it purely political? And the Murtha thing... why did she push that so hard and failingly so?

13. Major

Major Member

Do what to America, exactly? The Speaker of the House has never once been called on to serve as President. 9 out of 43 of our Presidents have taken over from the VP spot (without an election). Slightly different circumstances, if you actually were interested in reality instead of making a terribly designed talking point comparison.

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

ClutchFans member Faos affirms D&D Liberals wetting themselves in panic.

15. giddyup

It's your Democratic talking points which compare to your Democratic criticisms of Palin. Two steps away is only one more step away, i.e. not that far.

16. giddyup

I know you are not delusional.

The argument addresses the fact that the very kind of criticisms which are serving to undermine Palin could apply to the Democrats own House Majority Leader.

How could they elect her when there was impeachment talk surrounding GWB and Cheney had major heart problems? Shouldn't they have selected a leader with more executive experience? :D

#16 giddyup, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  17. Invisible Fan

I don't like Pelosi's style as Majority Leader, but experience in Congress is one thing she does have. She's held her seat since 87...

As for assuming the Presidency, 2 elected politicians would have to go before she could take the spot.

18. bucket

bucket Member

It's far enough away that it's never come up in over 200 years.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The second-best thing about the Palin pick, after the fact that she would be the best President by far among the 4 executive picks is how bad the liberal Republicans hate her. Now if we could only get Arlen Specter to bash her, I'd be ecstatic.

20. Major

Major Member

Except for the reality that it's not. If the Pres leaves office, the VP steps in - and picks a new person as VP. So it IS very far - both would have to leave office at the same time. It's NEVER happened in US history. Meanwhile, the VP steps in more than 20% of the time.

Facts. Learn to use them - you'll find your posts more credible.

What exactly are my Democratic criticisms of Palin, by the way? I think I've said very little either way about her here.