1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Vince Carter,Grant Hill,Rasheed Wallace,Tracy Mcgrady and Allen Iverson deserve to be HOF

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 12, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page...arter-hill-sheed-t-mac-iverson-make-hall-fame

2. nono

nono Member

None of those players should be in the HOF.

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

4. LCAhmed

Iverson is a maybe though.

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Iverson definitely

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

To me, yes except on Sheed. I'm on the fence with Hill myself.

7. arjun

arjun Member

yes to all but sheed

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Without taking a look at their career stats, none of these guys should be in the Hall of Fame except maybe Iverson.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Iverson deserves to be but T-Mac and Vince 50/50

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Only Iverson, and only because he won an MVP.

All the rest were good players in their primes, but not inclusion-worthy (all though they seem to let almost everyone in, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do get in).

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Grant Hill might get in when you factor in his college career too.

13. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I always thought that the Basketball Hall of Fame also takes into account what you did in College as well as the pros. If that's the case than both VC and Hill deserve to be in it. VC in his prime (2000-2006) was a top 3 wing payer in the game. He will end his career well over 20000 points in addition to a great career at UNC.

Hill will not have the numbers that VC has in the pros, but he does have a more impressive college career that includes being a champion.

14. Asian Sensation

Iverson is for sure. People forget how freaking good he was in his prime Philly days.

You could make a case for Grant, Tracy and Vince. They're all borderline with Grant being yes and no to the cousins for me.

Sheed is just laughable.

I've got one for you guys though... Wutcha guys think about arguably the CLUTCH-est player in the history of the league... Robert Horry AKA Big Shot Bob?

Horry only averaged 7 points for his career but he has 7 rings and played a major role in getting those. Without him Houston would have 2 less Championships (I don't care how good Hakeem was).

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Iverson is a definite.

If you win either the MVP or Finals MVP it pretty much means you are going to the Hall Of Fame. Every player that has won those awards has made it in.

Grant Hill for his college accomplishments too.

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I HATE Iverson but he is probably the only one who deserves it, IMO.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

AI - for a guy his size...to do what he did for the time he played...he gave everything he had...sure he was selfish...but the guy played his heart out...so yes

GHill/TMac - Guys with enormous talent whose careers were dismantled by injuries...one guy had the will but not the body...one had the body but lacked the will and then he lacked both which ended his career...close...but they dont have HOF creds

Rasheed - Ill remember him for 2 things: "Ball dont lie"...and i think he is the all time leader in techs...good player...but no

Finally Vince...remember when Vince first came into the league..it was something of a spectacle...very similar to Lebron coming into the League...But Lebron has done much much more in his few years of his NBA career...than Vince will ever be able to achieve in his entire career...sure on of the greatest leapers of all time...surely has the all time greatest dunk of all time...i say no...but he could sneak in...

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you are an mvp and take your team to final you should be a HOF. H

19. SunsRocketsfan

some of Vince Carters dunks deserve to be in the HOF .. but not the player :)

20. LCAhmed

D Rose to HOF???