1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bad commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dachuda86, Mar 28, 2012.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So I've been irked by a couple commercials lately and I thought I'd share with you guys for your amusement. The first being the crappy Friday's campaign where they imply that you can pick up chicks at their crummy bar with overpriced cocktails and $15 hamburgers.

The second is the Taco Bell commercial where a bunch of college-aged kids supposedly drive 900 miles to eat a Dorito-based taco, when we all know that's r****ded, even for a college student.

These both keep playing and I can't stand it. Are there any commercials out there that are so off from reality that you want to turn the TV off?

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

This commercial scares the living hell out of me. Anyone else feel that way?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1YHY0gGkXkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I cannot stand The General Insurance commercials. All of them are absolutely terribly done. A General and a penguin??? and so poorly animated too? Plus that jingle at the end drives me crazy.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wGAjuoPGzUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, I thought I've purchased enough 5 hr energy drinks to help them pay for better commercials. Those are always horrible.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

That really did happen. The test market was in Ohio, I believe in or near Toledo, and he drove his friends from New York. People keep complaining about how stupid that is, but I think it was more of a random road trip with his friends. The conversation probably went something like:

Driver: I heard taco bell has a new taco made out of Doritos.
    Random friend: That sounds awesome, lets try it.
    Driver: It's only in Ohio right now.
    Friend: You ain't got the balls to drive us to Ohio to try it out
    Driver: Oh, I got the balls. *grabs car keys* Let's do this ****.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I really hate the Nissan truck ones where they're doing things that if you tried to do in a Nissan truck, you would be killed.

I have a lot more. While we typically don't watch programs live, when we do, I can't help but nitpick the commercials.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Jerry Newman and Jessica from State Farm FTW.

1 person likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nintendo had some weird **** back in the day:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uI3rO3PbYOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E-qBkWerZDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m2TBHppHX1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. The Boz

The Boz Member

Came to thread to post this. Hate those commercials. Always change channel or station.

9. Pete the Cheat

the JLo Fiat commercials that seemed to play during EVERY break of EVERY NFL game this season...taco keeses

1 person likes this.
  10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Anything Olive Garden.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_BwZ6hd7Y6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hate this commercial so much. The song drives me insane as soon as it comes on.

**** you Steve Jobs, because of that Feist song on the iPod commercial now EVERYBODY trying to reach the "hip" young market has to include some horrible, indie chick singing some whimsical bull**** song about being on rollerblades or some other dumb ****.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I hate that penguin.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The one that plays on the radio, it's about getting sick or something. And some is just whispering about how sick you're going to get. I can't stand it.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That "my sushi turned pee-ushi" commercial really grinds my gears. There's always 2-4 horrible, excruciatingly painful commercials airing on a regular basis at any given moment in time.

15. yo

yo Contributing Member

SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OOOOO-OPEN

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Another example of what I was talking about.

I thought she was saying "Somebody's Mashed potatooooo"

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

18. yo

yo Contributing Member

YES to the whimsical BS.

19. Nero

Nero Member

This:

(Voice of Matthew McGonaghey or some other equally cool hip B-Lister)

"What if you just quit? What if you stopped playing the game, and lust left? Would people think you were crazy? What if you helped for a support group for female entrepreneurs in Malawi? What if you helped a small village in the Congo grow their own food? What if you helped to counsel children who have been orphaned by AIDS in Africa? Blah blah blah blah ad nauseum. The world.. is calling.. Peace Corps."

Whatever. Yeah. What if we took the most useless people on the planet, got them together in a big group, and sent them to all the places where actual useful people would be greatly appreciated? So they can all stand around and talk about their feelings. Don't get me wrong, I am not against the Peace Corps, I am sure it does good things. I am just complaining about the commercials they use on the radio, these insufferable self-important celebs trying to show how 'deep' they are, and hoping to entice you by making horrible situations sound like the coolest places in the world.

Puke.

20. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Abso-freakin-lutely. All other commercials in this thread tie for second place. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing is worse than these pieces of ****.