1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryant's elbow!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Jun 1, 2002.

1. ScreamingRocketJet

Flagrant foul...

I HATE BRYANT:mad:

2. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

NO FOUL EQUALS NOTHING WRONG HAPPENED :) :)

i liked the game

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm ashamed to be a basketball fan after that travesty of a game.

4. moomoo

moomoo Member

BULLLLSH!ET CALL! What kinda sh*t is that? Throw a 'bow in Kobe's face at a critical point in the game and see how well he plays then...what a joke.

Screw the cheating Fakers.

:mad: .

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I hate Bryant too!

I don't think he meant to elbow him in the head - just looked like he was trying to get his shoulders around Bibby to run past him - but the official WAS standing just there, and an accidental hit which impedes the opponent is still a foul.

Should've been Sacramento's ball.....

Hope the Lakers appreciate the officiating yet again.

6. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

What a crock! But - no way was the NBA/NBC going to let the Lakers lose tonight. I think the Lakers had something like 26-28 free throw attempts in the 4th Q to 9 or 10 for the Kings. And some of the calls against the Kings, especially on Pollard were pure phantom! :mad:

7. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

i don't know wtf that **** was

as a baller myself , i don't see how the hell kobe did that unintentionally and i really think he deserves to lose this series now

8. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

My goodness the officiating sucked in this game, especially down the stretch.

I hope the Kings beat the &$@# of the Lakers in Game 7.

9. moomoo

moomoo Member

I'm still p*ssed off!!!

:mad:

10. Timing

Timing Member

Tonight's game was a total joke. A lot of the foul calls tonight were not fouls in games 1-5. It's ridiculous that the way an entire series is being officiated can mysteriously change when the Lakers are about to get drop kicked from the playoffs.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Why am I not surprised that ESPN "Sportscenter" didn't show Bryant's elbow at the end of the game?

Freaking tools!!

Oh, didn't Dick Bavetta officiate tonight??

Anytime, that old f*ck refs a Lakers game, the Lakers always get the calls.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I still can't believe what transpired in that game. I really have to question what the f*ck I'm doing wasting my time watching the NBA "product."

13. Asian Sensation

LAKERS are gonna PAY big time. How in the F%#K did kobe not get called for that? They played a replay about 5 times and each one showed an obvious elbow/cheap shot from Kobe. Absolute horse S%$# if you ask me. Anyhow, I'm kind of glad this series is going back to Cow Town cause the fans are just going to be crazier and not only Bibby but the whole team will be fired up and their emotions will lead them to a victory.

14. moomoo

moomoo Member

How about that awesome turnover Kobe had? ...when he tried the spin move-pull up shot that he's done like 1000 times in this series, and Christie saw it coming from a mile away and knocked the ball out as Kobe brought the ball up for the shot, passed it downcourt to the streaking Bibby for an easy layup over Fish.

Sorry Kobe, that move doesn't work anymore, and the Lakers days as champs are numbered. But don't take out your frustrations on Bibby's nose, you MJ wannabe.

:mad:

15. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I don't like to harp on poor officiating, but my God- 25 free throws in the 4th quarter for the Lakers? That's sad, and this series deserves better.

Take it to them on Sunday, Sacramento.

16. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

The officiating was bad on both sides - but it was definitely in the advantage of the Lakers. Some of those fouls on Pollard really made me mad too. I mean, the Kings are going to lose of Lawrence Funderburke has to guard Shaq.

17. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I have to say Lakers win by ref. I am reluctant to say game is fixed, but that Kobe elbow "no call" force me to think there must be something there. Do you guys see vlade is amused by the phamton calls?

michecon

18. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

Holy sh** balls as Ace Ventura once said it best.

Officials: #27 Dick Bavetta , #16 Ted Bernhardt , #26 Bob Delaney .

Dick was an official, Whomever,I read on the posts above mentioned Dick and his ways with LA, must be right.

19. TradeMan12

TradeMan12 Member

Laker after party is cracking tonight. Will Smith, Phil, Kobe, Shaq, Walton, Albert, Snapper, Pitt, Lopez, Puffy, Naz, Jazy Z, Britney, STERN, and of course BOB DELANEY, DICK BAVETTA, TED BERNHARDT.

If this ever happened to my team, I would never watch the NBA again. The Kings better get every call on Sunday.

20. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

You guys are right, that should've been a double foul on both Bibby and Bryant.

The officiating has sucked consistently in this series. Its been horrific, swinging from one side of the spectrum to the other. They let the players absolutely kill each other for a stretch in the 3rd quarter, and they didn't call ****. Then they went to calling ticky-tack **** in the 4th.

That game was building to something terrific, and the refs ruined it, with their horrendously inconsistent refereeing.